Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Game hangs and error

• 01-01-2006 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

hi just built a new pc for first time and all is running well until i quit out of a game and the game hangs on the quit screen forcing me to reboot. here is the error from the event viewer :

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

its all double dutch to me aand clicking on the help screen only leads me down a dark road

i am using windows xp home

thanks in advance and happy new year

ps. i have this posted in the computer section too .. sorry for the double post but unsure where to put the post :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What game? And have you got service pack 2 for XP installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

yea i have sp2

it was ut2k4 .. fully up to date and half life 2 also fully up to date

Advertisement