Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastercard Securecode problems

Options
  • 01-01-2006 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Mastercard Securecode...
    http://www.mastercard.com/uk/cardholderservices/securecode/faq.html

So, the last time I bought something on www.komplett.ie I took the option to add a pin rather then skip it again. This adds an extra layer of security, or so it says.

Recently I've not been able to order from komplett with my credit card. It just freezes when trying to process the payment.

I can only sumarize it's down to securecode as I've used different networks, computers and browsers (I only have one credit card).

Komplett don't seem to care ... claiming no one else has any problems ... so this leaves me.

Does anyone know is there anyway to remove the securecode (yes... obviously it requires answering security questions and what not!). Do I just ring AIB credit card line and tell them to remove it? Or am I cursed with the bloody thing now?

Appreciate any feedback... I might give them a ring tomorrow if no one jumps in first anyway :)

p.s. I hope this is the right forum!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

First port of call is to contact AIB - they're 24/7 on the credit card line.. 01 - 6685500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yeh, I'll get onto them this evening about it. Hopefully they'll be able to just flick a switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

So, she tells me on the phone she can't disable it but she can reset it. She then reset my securecode for me. This seems to work now.

I also found out from the securecode box on the now working website that you can manage your securecodes from https://www.securesuite.co.uk/aib/registration/welcome.jsp?partner=aib.mc. aswell. Handy to know.

Advertisement