Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Irish Metal and rock bands

• 01-01-2006 3:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

I just thought it might be a good way of discovering some great bands around if people posted in what they would consider There faorite irish bands, Were talking bands that are some bit lable worthy here.

If i were to pick there id have to choose Ten Past Seven From Kerry For there Sheer Exelence and Roper From limerick because they never forget to get back gigging where there wanted o yea and there music is good too obviuosly!!

Any One Else know any good bands out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, look at the Irish Bands thread that's stickied at the top of the board. That'd be the most obvious place. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ten Past Seven - phenominal!

Nothing is Sacred - Melodic Death Metal - class.

Wreck Of The Hesperus - Sewer Doom - frightening.

Or check out that other thread... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Eyesclosed, great band and sound b*stards to boot! :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Mamas Boys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Carnun Rising - Technical Black Metal, from Cork I think, excellent band.
    Mourning Beloveth - Doom Metal, also from cork, and also brilliant.
    Bad Boat - Stoner metal, from belfast, was getting somewhat inebriated with them last night over the new year, worth a listen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

Beecher wrote:
    Eyesclosed, great band and sound b*stards to boot! :v:
    You serious? Their website is hosted on Myspace (and looks like someone puked on it), and the music player on the front page doesn't work. So how can someone possibly check them out? It doesn't even have an "upcoming dates" page! I think the OP was looking for professionals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Cruachan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

You serious? Their website is hosted on Myspace (and looks like someone puked on it), and the music player on the front page doesn't work. So how can someone possibly check them out? It doesn't even have an "upcoming dates" page! I think the OP was looking for professionals.

Actually they do have www.eyesclosed.com , just the myspace page has songs (which work for me). I dont think a bands music should be judged on the merit of their webdesign skills.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

aye, judge them on looks.
    Eyesclosed are good if i recall.
    I love dawn, from the north or somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

Beecher wrote:
    Actually they do have www.eyesclosed.com , just the myspace page has songs (which work for me). I dont think a bands music should be judged on the merit of their webdesign skills.
    I'm not - but I can't get the songs to work, so I can't hear them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

primordial
    primordial
    primordial
    primordial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I think you need a flash or java plugin for the music player to work on Myspace. As for a website admittedly its not a great site, but hey.. One is being built at the mo.. ;) Thanks for the kind words to the guys that said good stuff.

As for good Irish Bands; Primed, The Skies Collide, Residual Effect to name a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

http://www.reemo.ie aint bad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Sinister Demise, Coldwar, Primed, Residual Effect, Revile, Eyesclosed, Chosen.... :v: :v:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Cruachan.
    Yup, worth a listen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Scald, Primordial, Ten Past Seven, Therapy? (i used to like them, there a bit pooey now though..) Giveamanakick, Espa Measpa and of course The Freebooters :)

Advertisement