Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell me a band thats gonna blow me away

• 01-01-2006 3:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

hey all im sick of not finding any new bands lately.. well good ones anyway.. i'll never forget when i first heard opeth..they were the last band to freak me out in terms of sending shivers down my spine...im actually coming to the point were i think ive heard and judges pretty much every metal band there is... ive used last.fm for months now and i still haven't found anyone new... maybe like strapping young lad are the only band to come close but theyre still not what im looking for...

help me please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Have you heard Atheist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Girls Aloud... oh!, you said blow you away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Symbyosis

Cynic

Aghora

Mastodon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

In addition to the Doc's and Mr Hungus' suggestions I'd tell you to listen to Death. I'd also highly recommend Pelican.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

You into Testament? They definately blew me away when I first started listening, still do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Athiest, Pelican, Death, Morbid Angel, Opeth, Behemoth, Mithras.

:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Beneath The Massacre - I was absolutely astounded by them the first time I heard them - it was relentless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

Laguna wrote:
    Girls Aloud... oh!, you said blow you away
    hilarious......and totally unpredictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

ive heard athiest...think theyre great... im not too fond of death i LOVE testament.. but as for the rest i shall check them out now.. thanks y'all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Isis, pelican, thomas konner, godflesh, Tim Hecker, Swans, Neurosis, Codeine, J.k Broderick are my suggestions atm.

• Advertisement

Isis, pelican, thomas konner, godflesh, Tim Hecker, Swans, Neurosis, Codeine, J.k Broderick are my suggestions atm.

You may as well through Jesu in there for good measure. I was going to suggest Swans but I think Steoob likes things fast. Still, more people should listen to Swans. They cure cancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Samael, Svartsyn, Vader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

samael \m/ mastadon \m/ pelican \m/ entombed \m/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Beneath The Massacre (as mentioned before), Cryptopsy, Gory Blister, Demilich (all material recently made freely available on their website), Infester, !T.O.O.H.!, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Arsis, Behold... The Arctopus, Enslaved, Deathspell Omega, Hate, Necrophagist, Psychotic Waltz, Psyopus, Spawned By Rot, Spawn of Possession, Ephel Duath, Pestilence, Mr. Bungle, Psycroptic. Try all that out for now. If you think you've heard all metal has to offer then think again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Carcass.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

We Are Scientists
    Seether
    Nine Black Alps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Trivium?

If you're into that sort of thing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

One more - Fantomas! Madness :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

The Meads of Asphodel! Black metal mixed with Eastern and medieval music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Steob, check out Munincipal Waste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Listen to Symbyosis here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Nevermore will blow you away.
    Simply the best band around today.

Hmm that wasn't meant to rhyme..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Den_M wrote:
    Nevermore will blow you away.
    Simply the best band around today.

Hmm that wasn't meant to rhyme..

I fully endorse this product/service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

well Trivium are the **** IMO I'm going to see them for the second time in March

another band I recently got into are Dragonforce, brilliant stuff! I mean check out their lead guitarist, Herman Li's, hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

The Fall Of Troy, Saosin, Thrice, The Mars Volta, Finch, Pelican, Glassjaw, Refused.
    All are bands that I would place in the "blow me away" category.

ok so ive checked out alot of the bands here...pelican are very cool although its seems like theyre trying to emulate opeth too much... their song structures are all the same its odd...

doc i really wanna check out symbyosis but the files in that link dont work...

never are ****in class!...but i just cannot listen to them due to the gayest singing ive ever heard...why do band let their singers **** them up like that? *cough* trivium *cough* :p

once again sikth..dont like the singing...

checkin out carcass now ive heard very good things about them so im hopin theyre good...

thanks for the suggestions i really thought nevermore came close to blowing me away but then it was like NO hate the singin..but o well

on the plus side ive fallen back in love with opeth... i heard april ethereal the other day for the first time in ages and when i heard the solo/post solo i nearly squirted myself and when i heard the outro i did....

Steoob wrote:
    ok so ive checked out alot of the bands here...pelican are very cool although its seems like theyre trying to emulate opeth too much... their song structures are all the same its odd...

Really? I don't get an Opeth vibe off them at all (apart from them both having really long songs!).

John2 wrote:
    Really? I don't get an Opeth vibe off them at all (apart from them both having really long songs!).
    ya thats what i meant they dont really sound the same they rip off their structure...almost exavtly actually...theres some song with a creepy fade in...acoustic breakdown...piano outro... sound familiar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

The Mars Volta

yay!

Advertisement