Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First major xbox 360 mod

Options
  • 01-01-2006 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

theregister.co.uk
    Conceived by Nissan Design America Inc. (NDA) and equipped with the Xbox 360 next-generation video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Nissan URGE concept car allows drivers (while parked) to play 'Project Gotham Racing 3' using the car's own steering wheel, gas pedal and brake pedal while viewing the game on a flip-down seven-inch LCD screen

It might be just in a concept car but it is a nice idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

imagine hitting the switch to play by accident while driving :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i have seen a mod team do something similar before
    http://realvirtualcar.blogspot.com/
    they got a crap car, put a large lcd screen on the windscreen, connected all the paddels, gearstick and wheel. even got the speedometer to work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Wow, that looks sh!t cool Ri_Nollaig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

imagine hitting the switch to play by accident while driving :o

or worse... imagine hitting the drive button while playing. :D smash!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

The pedals would be excellent, but how would the steering wheel work? Would they plan on fitting a force feedback motor to the pinion?? It'd need to be a lot more powerful to be able to realistically twist the whole assembly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

If I had such a car I think I'd prefer to drive it. The resolution through the windscreen is much higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

While first reading that I thought the reason for playing while parking was going to be because the Xbox360 would mangle the disc!

Advertisement