Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 50 Greatest Comedy Films on C4 tonight

• 01-01-2006 2:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

Think I'll give this a look tonight to veg out with the hangover

"A countdown of the 50 best-loved comedy films of all time, featuring contributions by some of the actors, directors and writers behind these movie classics. Contenders include Annie Hall, Bridget Jones's Diary, Dr Strangelove, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Spinal Tap, Ghostbusters, Life of Brian, Shaun of the Dead, The Naked Gun, The Pink Panther and When Harry Met Sally. Stay tuned to Channel 4 for arguable one of the funniest films of all time - Withnail and I, which is on directly after"

Tenner says Aiplane! is number one

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

IvaBigWun wrote:

Tenner says Aiplane! is number one

Well I was close - it was number 2. Anyone else have a look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

"There's something about Mary" should have been in the top 5, at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

WTF, monty pyton.. uh, they bug me!! I hate the way they have so many british "comedies" on these shows.. i wish they would just take it as highest grossing! Or something!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

WTF, monty pyton.. uh, they bug me!! I hate the way they have so many british "comedies" on these shows.. i wish they would just take it as highest grossing! Or something!

so u want adam sandler to dominate the top ten?

Shaun Of The Dead was number 3 or 4, cant remember. A great film but wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

What was number one then?

I'm guessing Withnail and I, seeing as it was one after. Great film that, I have it on DVD.

"I'll shall buy this place and fire you all!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Full list here

I agree with Life of Brian (#1), Airplane! (#2), South Park (#5) and The Holy Grail (#6).. all great shows. Wouldn't have There's Something About Mary or American Pie in my top ten (and Shaun of the Dead is pushing it a bit).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Ah, thanks.

I have the Life of Brian also and am playing with notion of buying Shaun.

No O Bother Where Art Thou?

No The Big Lebowski?

Ferris Bueller only at No. 26.

Crap list.

am playing with notion of buying Shaun.

Buy it. I think I watched it 3 times in a month when I got it. Very funny film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

No O Bother Where Art Thou?

No The Big Lebowski?

Ferris Bueller only at No. 26.

Crap list.

yeah the lack of Coen bros films is a mystery - they've made some of the best comedies of the last 20 years (I'd definitely have included raising arizona and big lebowski ahead of the likes of Bill and Ted and Austin Powers).

Anchorman and The Big Lebowski should definitely have been in that list imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Did Spinal Tap, Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs make the list?
    Cos if they didn't... *shakes fist*

BopNiblets wrote:
    Did Spinal Tap, Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs make the list?
    Cos if they didn't... *shakes fist*

First 2 did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

American Pie and Austin Powers above Spinal tap, The british public are mad, i tell you, mad.

Advertisement