Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the easist way of putting DVD's onto Archos 560

Options
  • 01-01-2006 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

As the heading says, What is the easiest way (And cheapest) of converting my dvd's into avi for my archos 560? I have shrink but its then conversion then I am struggling with. I have used 3 GP Converter but this gives me 4 or 5 avi files, which i then have to convert into 1 big file? There must be an easier way surely

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Snaps, I have the Archos PMA400 - similar mpeg4 player - In the past I used Dr. Divx but ended up with audio sync problems.

Now I always use Davideo 4 - Note - the interface is in German but you can guess your way through the buttons - And always end up with a perfect divx or xvid playable on the Archos. So after ripping the movie to harddrive using Dvdshrink you simply select the VideoTS folder with Davideo software and select to convert to divx or xvid.

Oh, and it gives you one simple file, you select the size in advance, I always go for about 700megs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

thanks, I will take a look. Is this software free ware? I am using a japenese one at the moment 3 GP Converter, You just drag and drop your VOB files and it converts, Its quite fast as well, But the problem is you end up with a avi file for each VOB file you convert, which then you have to join together to make a continous avi file. I have tried Nero recode but the file does not play on the Archos even though its suppossed to be MP4?

Advertisement