Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitors Fees with self build

Options
  • 01-01-2006 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Happy new year. :)

was just wondering if anyone can tell me when exactly the solicitors fees are payable when your going down the buying a site/self build option...

I know theres the main fee, the few smaller fees like searching fee etc and then your stamp duty all rolled into one... can you include this in your mortgage? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't know the exact list, but make sure if the solicitor is only dealing with the site that his fee is based only on the site price, not site + construction.

The fees would include planning searches, land registry and a few other items.

You should be able to include them in your mortgage, but the banks used to prefer you paid them as part of your deposit, it proved a certain financial astuteness / ability / committment on the borrower's behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

well have got a few quotes so far.. they seem to range from €1400 - €1600 for the actual fees. the planning searches, land registry etc are extra but seem to be the same with every solicitor. and then they include the stamp duty which is standard 4% of the cost of the site...

i can post up all the fees later if any one is interested. havent got them on me at the mo...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Let me know how you get on with those quotes. Would mind comparing them to our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but just realised i hadnt answered this question. It seems the solicitors fees range from €1400 to €1800 - but this is just for the "professional fees"

You have to add VAT, registry fees, folio and map feees, planning searches etc on top of this... which brings it to €2500 - €3000

then you have to add your stamp duty on this which is 4 or 5% of the site!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

Stamp duty can be higher than 5%. It depends on cost of the site i will be paying 8% on site costing 150000
    If you do a stamp duty search on google ireland. U Can also go to www.iaosb.com. This a really good site for self builders with loads of info on taxes, solicitors, building methods etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

I am expecting to pay 1550 for my site purchase and mortgage to build.

Advertisement