Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wats differences are bwtween a 96-01 5 series and a 01-04 5 series?

Options
  • 01-01-2006 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

just wondering does anyone know
    also i would like to know wat the code is for these 2 particular 5 series ie e30 etc etc
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

synchro wrote:
    just wondering does anyone know
    also i would like to know wat the code is for these 2 particular 5 series ie e30 etc etc
    thanks

I assume they're both E39. I'm guessing the differences are slightly cosmetic, and maybe tweaks to the engines and suspension. That's just a guess though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

The diesel engines got a bit more power, the lights etc were given cosmetic tweaks, new style alloys were standard etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

520i 2.0 petrol was dropped in Oct 2000, replaced by 2.2 petrol, the 528i was replaced by the 530i, more standard stuff like alloys. and i think they all got those "angel eyes" headlights and clear indicators on the back,Steptronic automatics had the manual shift direction switched to match BMWs F1 cars.

One of the best looking saloons ever

Advertisement