Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure treated timber colour preserver

• 01-01-2006 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I've got lots of pressure treated timber around my house and want to preserve the colour otherwise it will fade in time. I can get various stains etc but not a clear preservative that will offer protection such as this on which is only avaialable in the US http://www.wolman.com/product_detail.asp?ProductID=7

OR is this similar to Thomsons Water Seal? Am I being over zealous in protecting pressure treated timber?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Protim do a clear preservative, I think you might find their range of products if you google Fosroc Protim.

Personally I think Thompsons is an over rated, over priced range of products directed at the DIY market.

If the pressure treated timber you have came with a certificate then you should be able to leave it without further treatment except for decorative purposes in which case products like Fence Life will work and give your timber a nice finish.

Advertisement