Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The George last night

Options
  • 01-01-2006 5:05pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone go? I thought it was a really good night. I almost left when I first got there cause it was just so packed. But it was fine in the end.
    The drag queens just annoyed me. I want to dance on the stage, dammit!
    But it was still very good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I wasn't there but I heard it was packed alright....
    Those drag acts DO my head in....I go to the George/Glitz/<gay clubs> to drink/dance/score much in the way, straight people go to straight clubs to do the same, yet they don't get subjected to that monotonous drivel....if I wanted to go watch a show, I'd go to the theatre....[/end rant]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Exactly! Usually I ead to the G after mid night cause they're normally over by then. I thinnk they should a night when there's a drag queen there but not most nights! And your right, non gay clubs dont have that crap why should the gay ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I think the drag acts are fun. There are other gay bars to go to if you don't like 'em. And they're not on every night of the week. Friday & Saturday (at least) is just music in the G.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

snappieT wrote:
    I think the drag acts are fun.
    To be honest.....I don't find them that fun really....I think straight people would find them alot more humourous....
    You know that show on a Wednesday night, I think Veda does it....for the past 3 years (from since I can remember), she has done the same set week in week out! (think it's a Chris De Burgh song)....bores me to tears

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'm with snappie on this one, I find the shows amusing.
    I too go to the G to dance / score / drink, but don't find the show much of an impediment, they're only on for an hour or two :rolleyes:

On topic, no didn't go, was half thinking I would but then heard it was 20euro in... feck that I never pay into the George, if I'm going to fork over cash I'll go somewhere decent :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

fletch wrote:
    To be honest.....I don't find them that fun really....I think straight people would find them alot more humourous....
    You know that show on a Wednesday night, I think Veda does it....for the past 3 years (from since I can remember), she has done the same set week in week out! (think it's a Chris De Burgh song)....bores me to tears
    OK, I'll give you that. Some new content wouldn't hurt once in a while. Maybe I shouldn't be so sad to go to the same place week in week out!

I didn't go on New Year's btw, was meant to go to a house party but turned out to not be too well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Wanted to go there last night but couldn't get tickets (left it too late).
    As for the drag queens, they're cool but it is boring when they just stroll up and down the stage miming to songs. I prefer the george to the other gay bars, good music to dance too and a good place to have fun. Don't go there to score though, too many sleazy guys for my taste...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

I've actually never gone to the George or any gay bars before as I've only just 'come out' recently and I'm still in 6th year so I have to give up some social life to study :( ! My uncle is also gay but he says that he prefers the Red Dragon.

About drag queens, did you ever see the ones from Indonesia? -they are so funny! A friend of mine went there with his girlfriend and these drag queens approached him at the bus stop and were having a laugh by chatting him up. "Oh aren't you a cute boy!" they were saying. His girlfriend was laughing to tears and took plenty of photos! He was like "Would you get away from me!" and we sometimes slag him over it. We're so cruel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 atlantis

hmmm.... i havent gone to the g on a wednesday night in well a i'd say at least 6 months so i cant comment on veda but im almost always at the thursday nights with annie balls... what can i say i think they are great nights... i know that the show goes on for ages and you just want to kick her off the stage and dance half the time but i think thats half the fun. since you have to wait you enjoy it more when you actually get the chance to and because the music doesnt start until later then its all good music that you just have to dance to and all the crap is left out that you hear on friday or saturday nights... and hell its always fun to see her make a fool of each weeks victims.

Advertisement