Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Problems with iTunes/iPod.

• 01-01-2006 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I wasn't sure...

I'm getting the new iPod next week so I decided to update my iTunes software to the iTunes 6 version as I expected I would have to anyway when I got the new player. I went to apple.com and tried to download, the installation seemed to be going fine until it got to the part where it was trying to instal the Quicktime element of the program, where something went wrong and the progress bar just kept finishing and restarting again instead of moving on to the next step of the installation. It did this for nearly an hour so I rebooted the computer and tried to open iTunes, however when I do that it gives me a window which is titled "iTunes.exe - Bad Image and says "The application or DLL C:/WINDOWS/System32/QuickTime.qts is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

I tried sending the iTunes icon that had appeared on the desktop to the recycle bin and downloaded again, but it wouldn't work as it said I already had another installation in progress? I also tried to go to the control panel and uninstall iTunes completely but it's not listed in my list of programs under add/remove programs.

This is driving me nuts as I can't play any music and also I'm worried that when I get the new iPod I won't be able to put anything on it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or when I get the program with the new iPod will it go on from that? I have over 1400 songs on the computer and I'm freaked about losing them, even more freaked about possibly not being able to put them on my iPod though.

Any help is much appreciated.

Using XP.

Advertisement