Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Networks last night

• 01-01-2006 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

So it looked to stay up was meteor, in carlow nobody could use 087 or 086 , only 085 worked :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I was in George's Street in town and had no problems all night. I'm on Vodafone bill pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

im on 3 and their network was working perfect
    my family is all on vodafone and their messages took like two hours to get sent
    i didnt get my bro's on until 2 in the morning with him sending it at 5 past 12
    does it matter if your 087 and with 3 or is it all down to the network not your number (stupid question i know)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No Problems with any network here in Galway, everything delivering instantly.

And yes, its dependant on your network provider, nothing to do with your actual number. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Meteor cleverly saved on bandwidth last night by turning off delivery receipts. Service seemed rock solid.

Cal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Only problems i had were ringing 087. I'm on meteor, and txt's delivered promptly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

no probs on vodafone - in leopardstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

I'm on Meteor Bill Pay and was in Panama on the Quays all of last night

not a single problem, was excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

The 3 network has huge spare capacity because it's only recently (6 months) put any users on it and it's a 3G network for starters.

I bet Vodafone 3G users got good availability last night too.....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

No probs on Vodafone sending or receiving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Im on vodafone bill pay and didnt have any problems with texts or calls at all last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its strange that some people had problems but others on the same network didn't.. I think the networks have plenty of capacity on their SMSCs and that the problems were happening at a local level depending on what cell you were registering off.. I would imagine that people who registering of the small cells in the city centre were grand.

Jam Man wrote:
    The 3 network has huge spare capacity because it's only recently (6 months) put any users on it and it's a 3G network for starters.

I bet Vodafone 3G users got good availability last night too.....:cool:
    ya good point but i was in a area were they had no 3G and as far as i know they roam of vodafone in those areas yet i had no problems and the rest of my family who are with vodafone had problems
    strange or what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

No Problems with any network here in Galway, everything delivering instantly.

And yes, its dependant on your network provider, nothing to do with your actual number. :)

when i type 086 i mean O2, 087 vodafone etc. its just easier to type 086 or 087 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Three Ireland suffered no problems at any time during the new year. I was unable to call any 086 or 087 number and most of those people that I sent texts to, well I was able to send them with no problems but for the most part I got no replies till about 4am. I dont know when they received them because I dont use delivery reports (I just never turned them on).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I am with O2 and had no problems at all. I was in Dublin and all texts came through as normal and phonecalls too. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Noticed in the paper that Meteor carried more texts than O2 and wasn't that far behind Vodafone.

They are running a recruitment advert where they now claim to have 500,000 subscribers.

BrianD wrote:
    Noticed in the paper that Meteor carried more texts than O2 and wasn't that far behind Vodafone.

They are running a recruitment advert where they now claim to have 500,000 subscribers.
    ya their advertising is really working for them with their free texts thing much better than O2 and Vodafone and i havent seen a 3 ad in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

AFAIK, the free texts til 2008 ended on the 31st December 2005.
    Maybe it has been extended though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

Pythia wrote:
    AFAIK, the free texts til 2008 ended on the 31st December 2005.
    Maybe it has been extended though?

see here

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I had no problems over near years with Three and sending txt's, however I have noticed some txt's taking bloody ages over the last few days.
    Some times I'll send two to the same person and they'll get the second one first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement