Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfield FM - What Kind Of Show?

Options
  • 01-01-2006 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Ok just a quick poll as the schedule has a bit of room and is under review, if ya wanna get involved pm me or gary.redmond@ucd.ie I should have added Irish Language Show in that poll but I can't find a way 2 edit it.

What kind of shows would you like more or? 28 votes

Chat/Talk Based Show
    0% 0 votes
    News Show
    14% 4 votes
    Pop Music Show
    7% 2 votes
    Dance Music Show
    14% 4 votes
    Alternative Music Show
    17% 5 votes
    Hip Hop Music Show
    32% 9 votes
    General Music Show
    3% 1 vote
    Other (Please specify)
    10% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Alternative & general music here.

/bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

More alternative!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

hip hop and pop

or ya could combine em and call it pop-hop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

No not more alternative, please.... my roomie is one of those alternative types, and if i hear nick cave wailing into a microphone ever again. i'll make it make it my business to smash every cd in his collection ...

ahem.

more chat and news please... *one minute to curtains, Mr. Hanly...*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Pop-Rocks?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

wouldn't mind some pop or alt. some good funky/deep house wouldn't go astray either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Now I never once had the chance to listen to Belfield FM but considering the chronic lack of alternative music on our nation's airwaves you can't really go wrong with some more of the stuff esp. since the majoirty of 18-22 yo's listen to alt music mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Heavy metal hour!
    *moshes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Well... 6 ppl voted for Alternate so...

We already have an Alternative Music show, which was on from 6 the previous weeks of transmission we had...

Just a handcount, how many ppl would like to see (or rather, hear) that show get an extra hour, or a better/different time on the schedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

SebtheBum wrote:

or a better/different time on the schedule?

Yeah 2am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

there should be a ucd version of Fix it Friday and we could call up services and the faculty offices looking for the answers...it'd be great...you could ask all those things you've always wanted to know, like...

why are there stairs leading to that disability toilet in the arts block?

what is the common room club or whatever it's called, and is there truth in the rumour about the secret bar upstairs in the arts block?

and

exactly how many minutes does it take to walk at an average pace from the main gates off the n11 to the clonskeagh gate?

ok..it's possible that I'm the only one who's wondered these things...but I think it'd be a great show....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

elmyra wrote:
    there should be a ucd version of Fix it Friday and we could call up services and the faculty offices looking for the answers...it'd be great...you could ask all those things you've always wanted to know, like...

what is the common room club or whatever it's called, and is there truth in the rumour about the secret bar upstairs in the arts block?

and

exactly how many minutes does it take to walk at an average pace from the main gates off the n11 to the clonskeagh gate?

ok..it's possible that I'm the only one who's wondered these things...but I think it'd be a great show....

woah-never thought of those before!hmmm intresting!
    Yo zap is it true you is running for elections,mr superstar dj?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Alternative gets my vote....rather popular alternative gets my vote.

ok ok i dont really know what alternative sounds like but im told that what im listen to is alternative...that from that what u will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

panda100 wrote:
    woah-never thought of those before!hmmm intresting!
    Yo zap is it true you is running for elections,mr superstar dj?

not sure where the superstar dj bit came from if your refering to a username then nop thats some one else at BFM.

which elcections are you talking about~?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

zap wrote:
    not sure where the superstar dj bit came from if your refering to a username then nop thats some one else at BFM.

which elcections are you talking about~?

i only made up the superstar dj cos you were writing about belfield fm! I just heard on the rumor grapevine that u was thinkin of running for ents or something this year-just wundrin thats all

ents me???? - not a chance.

elmyra wrote:

and

anyone any ideas for what such a show should be called?

woah! Am I being taken seriously?

Off the top of my head- UCD Under Cover Detectives- that's a bit sad though.

Eye On Belfield a la Eye On Springfield?

There should be a challenge element to it, like 'this week our roving reporter Trisha Takanowa (insert proper name here) attempts to beat a UCD athlethics team member in a gate to gate race'

Oooh!! I have a great idea...a show called Underdog, you get a belfield fm'r to take on challenges from the socs...essentially trying to beat them at their own game, and you could invite students to watch, it would totally raise belfield fm's profile.

So...assuming you would actually do any of this...can I help, please please please? I'd love to work on something like that.

elmyra wrote:
    woah! Am I being taken seriously?
    So...assuming you would actually do any of this...can I help, please please please? I'd love to work on something like that.

That's hard to do on radio, I am not sure how you get what is happening across to the listeners, I really like the idea though so any ideas on how to get it across?

Whoops, forgot that part! It really is more suited to a visual medium, the only way i can see it working is as a segment of a show, with listeners calling in the challenge, some poor belfield fm'r being appointed Underdog and everyone coming out to watch and then announcing the result...not half as exciting! I think the Fix it Friday idea would work better, it could work really well as a piss take show- if you rang up services etc in a kinda Monica Looley way (if you've ever seen Don't Feed The Gondolas) and got them going, ask them a piss take question and keep it going as long as possible, play the call live on air.

I really prefer the other idea though, I'll have a think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭randombassist

Another vote for alt/ rock music type of show. As zane said nobody really catres for it at the moment... might mean some good music around campus too in the places that are bullied into putting it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I would like to see a show that compares Irish animal noises to foreign animal noises...

for example -st stephens green pond duck vs Libyan attack duck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dammit

elmyra wrote:

...is there truth in the rumour about the secret bar upstairs in the arts block?....

Yes there is truth to these rumours. The "secret" bar just like the tunnels exists. Its a staff bar on the 1st floor of the arts block. Its beside the enclosed walkway that goes from the arts block to the admin building. Its just a staff bar though, nothing too exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

If you're riding a lecturer, can you go to the staff bar?

Advertisement