Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania.com

Options
  • 01-01-2006 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Anybody got any thoughts on my tale of woe ?

I placed an order on 24/11 on pixmania.com for a product that was showing as "in stock".

Two days later I received an email from the company informing me that the item was currently out of stock and would be despatched as soon as it became available.

I decided to wait a while and see what would happen as I was not in a desperate hurry to recieve the item.

Days passsed and I forgot all about my order, then on 16/12 I got another email stating that my order had been despatched.

I had paid STG£7.50 for average 48hour delivery and so was looking forward to receiving my package within a couple of days.

Christmas came and went and finally on the 29/12 I decided to email pixmania's cs dept and complain.

I am still waiting for a reply to my email....

The product eventually arrived on the 30th, the same day I got my visa statement that showed pixmania had taken payment from my card the moment I placed the order over one month previous.

Perhaps I should just be thankful that my order ever arrived but I do feel the service was very poor.

any thoughts, should I seek a refund of shipping charge, should I expect anything from them by way of an appology?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

you can expect to be ignored, and if your lucky to contact a real person, lied to

think of the worst french waiter you ever saw, pixmania only hires these guys

827french_man_1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Crumble wrote:
    any thoughts, should I seek a refund of shipping charge, should I expect anything from them by way of an appology?

Their standard T&C states

" Pixmania does not apologise for anything that we have done and especially for anything that we have failed to do " its called a Zen Engagement

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭shayg1971

I have to say I've used them a number of times and found them to be promt and efficient. Maybe I've been lucky. But I'm not usually...:v:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I ordered a TV tuner card them which I had filed to realise was out of stock. Then ordered a different version which while listed as in stock turned out to be out of stock.

I immediately cancelled both orders through their automated system, and got replies saying my credit card would be refunded (which had me excited for a few days as they had never actually billed me, but they're not that dumb!).

Don't know that you have a case with the late shipping, as you could have cancelled for a refund any time before it actually shipped, so they'd probably say you were happy to accept the delay. They could also claim that the produuct was in stock, but someone got the last one just before you.

On the shipping, if they guaranteed 48-hour delivery that;'s one thing, but if they're saying on average, and it was over Christmas, then you're probably out of luck.

Advertisement