Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question

• 01-01-2006 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I met a girl in a pub about 6 months ago. We got on great, she was very good looking and a great personality, got her number and she seemed keen for me to text her.

So I did. I asked her out however she never replied. I forgot all about it until one night during the week I get a text that went soemthing like:

"hey, you prob don't remember me, we met in Carnival about 5 months ago. Sorry for not responding [bad timing]. I know its totally out of order to ask but would you like to go out for drinks sometime next week?"

Now, I thought about it and said yes. However the more I think about it the more strange it is. If a guy sent that text to a girl she'd think him a psycho.

So I'm just wondering what people's opinions are on this.

Cheers

SP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

well it's only out for a drink.. ask her what the bad timing was and see what happens. If the whole thing seems odd, tell her goodbye and leave. She could be psycho or she could have an extremely good reason for not getting back to you then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I personally would go out for the drink with her and see how it goes. You have nothing to lose. See how you get on. She could have had a perfectly valid excuse for it being bad timing, so just see how it goes. Have fun ;)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yeah that's pretty strange alright, but still no reason not to meet her, i mean what's the worst that could happen? Like you said, she seemed pretty cool and you fancied her...it's a good start!

Plus she probably had a boyfriend and now they've broken up...that's why it was "bad timing"
    but you can take two positives from this:

1/ She obviously really liked you too, and after all that time was still thinking about you...
    and 2/ She dosen't screw around behind her boyfriends back!

Anyway, you can always just ask her when you see her, im sure there's a perfectly ordinary reason for it all...I say Go for it man!

Oh, and yes you're right, if it was the other way around, the guy would be considerd a psycho. *shrugs shoulders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

i say she really wants to get laid...make no mistake, shes gaggin for it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Hmmm....bit odd that she kept my number and remembered me though.

• Advertisement

DAEDULUS wrote:
    i say she really wants to get laid...make no mistake, shes gaggin for it :p
    Fingers crossed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Its not weird at all! Every once in a while I call or text people from years ago. All in all it's normal to attempt to reconnect with your past.

malico wrote:
    Its not weird at all! Every once in a while I call or text people from years ago. All in all it's normal to attempt to reconnect with your past.
    random guy from a random night though?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Go for it!!!best of luck sprinkles.

already 2006 is looking pretty good for ya.

Theory: Found your number again? I once found a number on a piece of paper. Called the girl to find out who she was! Ended up dating for a while! Hate the social stigmas so I dont buy into them!

• Advertisement

galwaydude wrote:
    already 2006 is looking pretty good for ya.

Its a good start I'll give you that.

I'll let ye know how it turns out....assuming I'm not chained up in a basement somewhere :)

sprinkles wrote:
    Iassuming I'm not chained up in a basement somewhere :)

That's how some girls show their affection!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Fair balls to her for pluckin up the courage to do it! And ya must have made a good impression or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Go for it, man!!!!! :D

And don't forget to report back. ;)

ColHol wrote:
    ya must have made a good impression or something.

What can I say I'm a charmer :)

Zebra3...I'll give you the lowdown on sat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭patzer117

eh, that kinda sounds like she may want you as a rebound, that was my first thought or impression from the story. sorry to put a downer on it

Pft, I still remember this random guy I met in a bar once. Nice guy. Not sure if I bothered deleting his number from my phone or not.

Just go out for the drink with her, it's hardly weird, plus you get to know someone new. What's wrong with that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

carnival- is that the **** pub on camden street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Yeah that's it, it used to be the da 2 bar

1st and only time I was in there. Don't like it, small and pokey tbh.

• Advertisement

sprinkles wrote:
    Hmmm....bit odd that she kept my number and remembered me though.

its not that odd. It never occurs to me if i lose contact with somone to delete their number only if im browsing my phone book through boredom months or years down the line. see what the situation is and go for it. nothing to lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

sprinkles wrote:
    1st and only time I was in there. Don't like it, small and pokey tbh.

Yet 3euro for all* drinks during the week, and "cosy" for daytime drinking :D

If you're thirsty

*mostly all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

patzer117 wrote:
    eh, that kinda sounds like she may want you as a rebound, that was my first thought or impression from the story. sorry to put a downer on it

I'm sorry, I don't see a downer there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

sprinkles wrote:
    got her number and she seemed keen for me to text her.
    So I did. I asked her out however she never replied.

The joy of text

Most likely situation, she was clearing out old text messages and saw yours sitting down the bottom of her Inbox.

For what ever reason, maybe she has just broken up, maybe she just forgot a few months ago, maybe she is nuts, but she thinks a date would be nice

If you think she was nice, and she is really really good looking, go for it. Just meet in a well public well lit area :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I quite like it and the girls in there... A nice pre-whelans crowd.

Not much to lose in going along and seeing what happens.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I actually had a guy text me once after we'd met though he sent the text at 2am and I just hit my phone and kept on sleeping. A few weeks later after thinking he was a bastard for not calling I was looking through my inbox and found his message.. woops.. we ended up seeing each other for a year :)

Well I met her last night for a few drinks. Went really well. She's very sound, the 5/6 hours in the bar flew by. I didn't pry into what she meant by "bad timing" but she did say that she thought she'd better text me incase Karma came back and bit her in the a$$. Anyway, all in all it was a good night and no doubt I'll be seeing her again.

Cheers for all the opinions on it....

SP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Fair play mate..glad to hear it..if she has any hot mates sort me out will ya? ;)

I'll keep ya in mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Awesome Sprinkles......

I thought she would probably be 'sound' ;-)

Goodluck with ms 'bad timing texting chick'

Rach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wicknight wrote:
    Most likely situation, she was clearing out old text messages and saw yours sitting down the bottom of her Inbox.
    Or programmed the number into her phone and found it when scrolling through the list.

Advertisement