Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spend new years day with your gf?

• 01-01-2006 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is it necessary to bring ur girlfriend for dinner or do something else romantic on new years day. I live in a different town to my gf and find it hard to travel up and down but today she's at me for not going to see her and bring her to dinner? wtf?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think there is a general obligation to be together on major occassions, but no specific obligation to buy your girlfriend dinner on New Year's day.

She might just want to escape after a week with her family.

PS Tell her about the tradition about what women have to do for men on New Year's Day. ;)

There is a tradition of Little Christmas / Women's Christmas on 6th January, where its a girl's night out and men and children are meant to fend for themselves at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I doubt it tbh. I broke up with the GF last night... strange. New Year, new beginnings I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

JohnCleary wrote:
    I doubt it tbh. I broke up with the GF last night... strange. New Year, new beginnings I guess
    flippin eck' thats one way to start the new year with a clean slate.

OP unless you made some prior arrangements or had discussed going out I don't think you've any obligation to bring her to dinner. She porbably justs wants to spend time with you given the day thats in it, start the year as you mean to go on and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

wondering wrote:
    Just wondering is it necessary to bring ur girlfriend for dinner or do something else romantic on new years day. I live in a different town to my gf and find it hard to travel up and down but today she's at me for not going to see her and bring her to dinner? wtf?

Eh no, definately not...

Sounds to me like she just wants to spend time with you, but as for taking her out because its new years day etc..well no that doesnt have to happen..:rolleyes:

just talk to her, and arrange when can next meet up and spend some time together and im sure she will be happy with that.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

a) she might want some TLC / spoiling

b) she might want quiet time to talk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

In a relationship there are no obligations.

There are things you want to do together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

pfft some women suck. if she wanted to see you so much she could have gotten off her own @rse and gone to see you! Eh, talk to her, she probably just wants to hang out. buy her flowers. we like that. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

JohnCleary wrote:

Jaysus :eek:

Seen loads of rows with couples last night. Is it serious and how long were you with her?

Drinking and breakups dont really add up, they should all be done sober

Advertisement