Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best time to end an auction

• 01-01-2006 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

what days/times have people most success in getting a greater price for goods,

ie end of month? more people get paid?
    during the day, people at work will bid
    during the evening when people get home from work ect?

just i know from experience i get most of my bids in the last 15-20 mins of my auctions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

hi,
    i've found between 6pm and 10pm on a sunday evening/night to be the best time in all. thats from 5 yrs on ebay first just selling junk then as a business.

cheers,
    jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

cool Jack , i will give it a go,

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

depends on the item too. also what country you are expecting to sell in, be aware of their times. I have missed out bidding on many that were on sat/sun mornings because I didnt wake up in time (I know, I know, use sniping software)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭J2DaC

Depend on what type of item it is as stated earlier. If its a big purchase, id say last sunday of the month at around 8.00pm but if its small like 20> then I dont think it really matters. Either people want it or dont. Simple.

Hope this helps mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

cheers folks, its a mobile and concert tickets i am selling so i guess i will start them 2nd last sunday of month and end last sunday, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭J2DaC

Its what were here for mate! lol ;)

Advertisement