Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free!! - Dulux paint

Options
  • 01-01-2006 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I have a load of Dulux paint which I'm giving away for free. This paint is perfect - colours were mixed in error.

Ideally would like to give to some charity/volunteer group/youth club or similar.

Approx 35 cans (2.5l + 5l) of paint in multiple colours and finishes.

Free to take away as a job lot only - i.e all or nothing

PM for details if interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What colour?

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 alanbucko

Victor,

No list of colours at the moment. PM me if interested.

just to re-iterate : this paint is perfectly good and surely someone can put it to good use. Obviously theres some colours you'll like and some you wont, but it is totally free after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh, I don't do painting. :D

Its just people might be interested if they knew the colours, rather than ending up with 35 can that they didn't want rather than 15 cans that they don't want and 20 they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 alanbucko

Victor wrote:
    Oh, I don't do painting. :D

Its just people might be interested if they knew the colours, rather than ending up with 35 can that they didn't want rather than 15 cans that they don't want and 20 they do.

Fair point, will provide list to those who are really interested and PM me.

As far as I know all colours are ok - various pastel shades along with other shades of yellow/blue/green etc. As I said it may suit charity/volunteer group who are not too fussy about the colours.

This paint is worth hundreds of Euros. This paint will be recycled if nobody wants it, which is a total waste imo, as i'm sure someone can put it to very good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Alan, sent you a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

id defo be interested in these. can you post a list of colours as off thread dealing is not allowed on this site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

If u want it to go to a good cause why not give it to ur local church,youthgroup etc?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I'm not a charity, but if it's not already gone, I'll take the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Oh, now ye are fighting

well i seem to be first in line as i dont think lex and victor want these as they havent made an offer to take them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Eve1

Hi we are opening a new primary school in Galway and we have to fundraise in order to pay for equipement etc. If the paint is not gone and if they are suitable for us we would love to take them. Please consider us in your donation.
    Thanks
    Eve

Hello eve. I will let you take my place in the queue as you are obviously more needed for this item.

That seems fair, it is going to benefit a good cause after all. If we waited for government funds the school would never be finished. Do consider that Alanbucko!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Eve1

Thanks lads,
    in fact the government don't contribute anything until the school is up and running. It's like a catch 22. We think we'll have to raise approx €30,000 between now and sept. The paint would be a great start as most schools have to do bits of painting every year.:D

I didnt know that, but it doesnt surprise me, this is rip off republic after all.
    Do they not grant any sum before it is up and running?

Advertisement