Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr North

• 01-01-2006 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭

Anybody have anything to say about this band??

There was this short film with Stephen Rea in it on TG4 on New Years Eve, during the end credits a song was being played and it instantly hit a high score with me.

After several hours of flicking through websites, found out it was a song Speak no Evil by Mr North. Their website is slow and links dont work, so cant listen to stuff.

Anyone a fan of these and if you are where can I get my hands on their CD?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

never heard of them tbh but you've hyped them up for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

the song was just so good, good tempo and melody sort of like The Energy by Audiovent.

Theyre Irish as well, apparently big in US and else where...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I suggest you check out www.djangos.com and see if you can get the album there. Also keep an ear out for a song called "The Eye" by them.

If you don't like internet shopping the VIrgin in Dun Drum has a pretty indept metal section, you'll pay for it though.

If you like Mr North, also check out Seether, Default, Eve 6 and Audioviolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Yeah, Mr. North apparantely they're from Rush/Skerries. They played in my old secondary school hall in Rush back in the day...can't remember though my cousin told me!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

Anybody have anything to say about this band??

There was this short film with Stephen Rea in it on TG4 on New Years Eve, during the end credits a song was being played and it instantly hit a high score with me.

After several hours of flicking through websites, found out it was a song Speak no Evil by Mr North. Their website is slow and links dont work, so cant listen to stuff.

Anyone a fan of these and if you are where can I get my hands on their CD?

Cheers

they changed their website a bit and i was able to get one of the sample files.

http://www.geocities.com/y2iain/MrNorth-SpeakNoEvil.mp3

have their album ordered from canada, only 18 euro.

hope anyone who listens, likes the song. i still think its animal

• Advertisement
Advertisement