Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recording of champs lge final

• 01-01-2006 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

I've been watching the dvd of the final and just realised that i never got to see any of the analysis before after or during half time as i was...AT THE GAME!!! But I would love to get a copy if anybody has one of the sky, rte and itv programmes. Will do whats necessary!!!;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

was thinking about getting that DVD.... not a pool fan, but watching that game was such an amazing sporting moment.
    Is there commentary on it?
    Who by?
    Wish I taped the damn thing on ITV... the half time analysis must have been brilliant. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I would be interested in the RTE analysis if anyone has it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

The official DVD that came out is from the ITV coverage of the game, but there's none of the pre/halftime/post match analysis on it. There is a second disc containing a few minutes of each of the games leading up to the final including some interviews with Rafa & some team members. One of the lads on here (Stekelly I think) has the full RTE coverage of it and planned to upload it but that never materialised:( . I would love to get the entire matchday coverage from RTE, SKY & ITV tbh, there's plenty of home made DVD's of each on Ebay apparently. I was in a boozer in Liverpool on the night of the game and they were showing the ITV coverage with MacManaman and el Tel but I couldn't hear any of it (obviously due to all the shouting!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Would be great if someone could upload it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

i was at the game too and wanted the analysis so i bought the sky copy off ebay for a few quid. you could try that route
    try champions league final dvd or something along those lines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Shred wrote:
    I was in a boozer in Liverpool on the night of the game and they were showing the ITV coverage with MacManaman and el Tel but I couldn't hear any of it (obviously due to all the shouting!).
    Shred, I was there in a boozer too that night....still sends shivers down my spine looking at the video footage I took with my phone in the pub after they won.
    Gonna go back to the scene of the crime in 2 weeks for the Spurs game and stand in the exact spot where I watched the game and cry like a baby all over again.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Would uploading mean having to transfer the DVD to divx format or something?

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Shred, I was there in a boozer too that night....still sends shivers down my spine looking at the video footage I took with my phone in the pub after they won.
    Gonna go back to the scene of the crime in 2 weeks for the Spurs game and stand in the exact spot where I watched the game and cry like a baby all over again.:cool:

Hehe, I was over for the Westham game in October and was in and around the same places we were at on the 25th, certainly great memories of the mayhem:)

Shamrock, I would imagine the footage would have to be converted into AVI format or something but I wouldn't know too much about video editing/capture tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Shamrok wrote:
    Would uploading mean having to transfer the DVD to divx format or something?
    Yea you would be better of compressing it to a divx format as it would be quiker to upload and download. There is a few very straight forward programs on the net for doing this, just try "dvd to divx" in google and you should find something. Would you be able to do it Shamrock?

digiman wrote:
    Yea you would be better of compressing it to a divx format as it would be quiker to upload and download. There is a few very straight forward programs on the net for doing this, just try "dvd to divx" in google and you should find something. Would you be able to do it Shamrock?
    Ya, I have a DVD of it that I recorded myself — the works (build-up, full match, post match analysis etc.) from both ITV and Sky Sports. However, I need someone to point me in the right direction as regards converting (is div-x the best option?) and uploading it (which site/space?).

P.S.
    The DVD even has the RTÉ boys ranting at HT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Shamrok, I have used this program before for converting dvd to divx and found it very easy to use FairUse Wizard.
    As for uploading, you would need a very good broadband connection to upload a divx file as you would probably compress the approx 3.5 hour match including coverage into 2 700MB files, which would take a long time unless you have a very high upload speed on your broadband connection. There are sites like www.yousendit.com that will host the file for you for around 30 downloads or 7 days which ever comes first. Or if you have webspace your self with a few GB limit you could host it there either.

I would offer do this if you want as I have a college internet connection that has a very fast upload speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Shamrok wrote:
    Ya, I have a DVD of it that I recorded myself — the works (build-up, full match, post match analysis etc.) from both ITV and Sky Sports. However, I need someone to point me in the right direction as regards converting (is div-x the best option?) and uploading it (which site/space?).

P.S.
    The DVD even has the RTÉ boys ranting at HT.

Shamrok, any chance you could send me a copy of the dvd or meet in town ? I, of course, would pay for the postage/dvd cost ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

shamrok i'll look after you aswell if you can give me a copy. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

shamrock i will pay for post and packaging too. I was in boston so all i had was espn when i watched the game.

Lads, I tried that program today but I don't have enough space on my hard drive to convert the DVD, however Digiman has agreed to do it for ye, so I will send a copy of the DVD off to him tomorrow.

Nice one Shamrock! (oh and Digiman;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

shamrock could i get a copy also, will pay p&p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

How much of the rte coverage is there? just half time?

Would be interested in getting that from someone, can swop for Champs League Final preview from Sky Sports entitled "Reds in Europe" 2hrs long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

zabbo wrote:
    How much of the rte coverage is there? just half time?

can swop for Champs League Final preview from Sky Sports entitled "Reds in Europe" 2hrs long

c'mon now dude, share with all of us;)

Advertisement