Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice : Samsung LE26M51B VS LE26R41B.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

xanthor wrote:
    Need opinions on if the cheaper LE26R41B is sufficient, would only really be using it with Xbox 360/PS3...

The thing that's holding me back is that the M51B is listed with a (dynamic) Contrast ratio of 3000:1

While the R41B also lists the same dynamic contrast ratio it *also* says
    'contrast ratio 800:1'

LE26R41B

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le26r41bxxeu.asp?page=Specifications

LE26M51B

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le26m51bxxeu.asp?page=Specifications

any help would be much appreciated

thanks.

Hi,

I have been looking at these two myself. The contrast ratio of 3000:1 that they state is "dynamic" ie they are using some processing (I think it is the DNIe that they mention) to "darken" the black and richen the white. I think the actual contast ratio is 800:1 in both screens which is excellent anyway and the dynamic 3000:1 ratio is also on both screens.
    The main difference between the M and R models is that the M is definitely 8ms response time where the R has been listed as 12 and 8 in different places. They are also slightly different esthetically (M has square speakers and the R has the V).

It is up to you to determine if these differences equate to €250 extra for the M model. Microsoft used the LE26R41 model as the test/reference/demo screen for the 360 so it is basically guaranteed to be suited to the 360. You can probably see the actual screen in action at any of the demo kiosks in the shops....

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Thanks!

Advertisement