Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wiring Up

Options
  • 01-01-2006 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Have to install a set of speakers but not too sure how to wire it up. Attached is a pic of my head unit. The speakers came supplied with 2 cables (with 2 wires on each). I think they are the standard greyish/whitey ones anyway that connect the speakers to the head unit. I just don't know where to connect them to so if anyone could help me out and have a look I'd really appreciate it:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

What type of car is it? Looks to me like the cables are already run for back speakers....just a matter of plugging them in....see the plug with 8 wires coming out of it, I think thats yer wires to each of the speakers, 2 for each.
    Anyway have a hunt around in the boot of yer car behind the panelling and you might strike it lucky and the cables will already be there

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hmm. Actually, there are speakers in the back now that you mention it:) I'll have a gander:)

EDIT: It's a 91 Fiesta by the way. It's just that the speakers in the back must have come supplied with the car so I never even though of the wiring being back there already, let's just hope the connection is somewhat the same:)

Ok, that was handy. It worked, but I still have the same problem with the new speakers:( The sounds is soooo low:( It might be the head unit. Will hopefully be getting one off a boardster soon so can check if it's that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Prob the head unit ain't powerful enough.....play around with the fade control though and you may be able to send more power to the rear speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

More than likely your headunits internal amp is naaf,Ideally for any sound quality whatsoever you should always amp your speakers.

Headunits(even the best available) are way underpowered when it comes to running speakers properly.In saying that if you just want an improvement over stock sound then you'll probably be happy

• Advertisement

Ok, so what are the bare essentials I need to get this going so? And the cheapest ways to get it? :) Any feedback appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

A new radio is your first port of call,see what you think of the sound quality then.If your not happy we'l discuss amps and even more speakers,unfortunatly theres no real cheap way out when it comes to that unless u get a good deal second hand.

Advertisement