Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 13th Beers?

Options
  • 01-01-2006 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I know you're all probably horribly hungover from last night n' all, but was thinking about the next boards beers, how does Friday the 13th sound??
    the usual, start in the Phoenix (5.30ish?) and see where it takes us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I don't know why but there is something about that date that's giving me a bit of a niggling feeling, as if I have something on but I have no idea what it is... Can't be all that important though so some beers sound good beerchug.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Could it be just the Fact its Friday the 13th?
    JohnK wrote:
    I don't know why but there is something about that date that's giving me a bit of a niggling feeling, as if I have something on but I have no idea what it is... Can't be all that important though so some beers sound good beerchug.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm. Beer sounds like a good idea. Have the same feeling about the date though, but screw it - if it's that important, surely I'll remember...

Could it be just the Fact its Friday the 13th?
    Could be but I'm convinced its something else :confused:. But as Fysh said "if it's that important, surely I'll remember..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

horray, so that's three of us so far... how about everyone else? (I just hope I get rid of my stoopid flu by then!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I don't drink meself like.

Ken Shabby wrote:
    ha ha ha ha ha!! I don't believe you!!

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I should hope you dont drink yourself but the question is "Do you drink beer?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 reficul

Did i hear the word beer?!? Sure shouldent you celebrate that it is friday 13th, theirs always a reason for beer

Evea hear the "beer song"?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have my PhD defense on the 12th, so beer on the 13th sounds perfectly great :D

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote:
    I should hope you dont drink yourself but the question is "Do you drink beer?"
    Let me put it this way: You know the pub crawl we did? I did it again about a week later with another crew. With exactly the same result -- too long in Tom Barry's, finish in the Gateway. :D

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

When are we doing that pub crawl next? And can we miss out the dodgy hole of a place that wouldn't have us in last time?

Fysh wrote:
    When are we doing that pub crawl next? And can we miss out the dodgy hole of a place that wouldn't have us in last time?
    Rules Is Rules!

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Rules Is Rules!
    Did you get served in there?

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Let me put it this way: You know the pub crawl we did? I did it again about a week later with another crew. With exactly the same result -- too long in Tom Barry's, finish in the Gateway. :D

adam
    That means we have unfinished business on that street. We cant just let the street beat us now can we?

JohnK wrote:
    Did you get served in there?
    Of course I did. I get served everywhere; you only have to look at me, I'm gorgeous! :)

(Although I do remember a few lads being refused /re-entry/ to one pub along the way, after going out for a fag or something. (It could even have been me, I was locked.) Was it the one just before Nancy's?)
    JohnK wrote:
    That means we have unfinished business on that street. We cant just let the street beat us now can we?
    I agree 100%.

adam

Ken Shabby wrote:
    ...Was it the one just before Nancy's?...
    I think so but don't take my word for it as most of that night is a bit hazy. I only really remember my shocked indignation at that bitch. But I'm not bitter about it. Honest.

so are we going back to that pub crawl again? ooh good god, I just hope my liver can handle it!! horray!
    so more plans... I need to be organised! it's pencilled into my diary already!!
    No excuses the morning of the 13th of being tired/broke/hungover...

so are we going back to that pub crawl again?
    Absolutely Not. I Can Not Be Convinced. It Is Impossible.

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Absolutely Not. I Can Not Be Convinced. It Is Impossible.
    Ah go on!

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote:
    I think so but don't take my word for it as most of that night is a bit hazy. I only really remember my shocked indignation at that bitch. But I'm not bitter about it. Honest.

Yeah, that was the place. Tiny little hole of a pub with two skangery lads blocking half the door talking about some crap or other, and the entire pub seemed to go quiet when we wandered in. Bastards.

I say we do the crawl again soon, even though there's clearly no chance of me lasting anything like the whole length of it in any kind of condition that could be described, however loosely, as "alive". (Surely that's an incentive for adam if nothing else...)

JohnK wrote:
    Ah go on!
    Go on then, you twisted me arm.

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Go on then, you twisted me arm.

Huzzah! I won't be the only obnoxious bastard there! (and I'll have someone to trade insults with too!) :D

are the same rules applying? I can't be bothered looking for them... I'm too hungover and sick... will someone find them and post them?

Adam's Rules of Engagement
    1. You may not pass a pub if it's open, no matter how filthy, obsessively trendy, or dodgy it looks.
      (Exceptions may be made for pubs off the main stretch, if it looks like it might drag us off course.)
    2. You may not have more than one drink in each pub. Pace yourself. (See points 7, 8 & 9.)
    3. You may take a "drink holiday" at any point in the crawl, for as long / as many pubs as you feel necessary.
    4. If you take a "drink holiday", the other participants are entitled, nay encouraged, to take the mickey out of you.
    5. If you buy a half, other participants are required to take the mickey out of you. Girls too I'm afraid. Halves are so over.
    6. You may not "break for food". If you're hungry, eat pub food or beermats.
    7. You may not leave a drink, or any portion of a drink, behind. Think carefully before buying. Is a "drink holiday" worth it yet?
    8. The other participants are not allowed to leave until the last drink is finished.
    9. Other participants are entitled to harrass, bribe, cajole, blackmail, beguile or exert influence in any way to encourage you to "hurry up and finish the bloody drink so we can get to the next pub, ffs".
    10. If you break the rules in any way, you have to go home.
    11. Breaking the rules purposely as an exit strategy may be used against you at future events.
    12. The judge's decision is final.

ooh horray! I'm looking forward to the hangover already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

What hangover? Adam patented a hangover cure after the last BBC.

Alka-Seltzer before you go to bed boys and girls. My gift to Corkonians.

What about the bottle rule? (As in, should you be mocked for drinking them since they're technically a half?)

So what's the route we're taking? And are we going to pop into the Clarion for a while, just for the hell of it? (It was nice that one time we made it in there, I seem to recall. Tho we were all pissed at the time so it could have been a group hallucination or something...)

• Advertisement

well I missed the Clarion pub-crawl, so yes, I think we should go there, as long as it's on the way to somewhere? like to another pub?

Advertisement