Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 13th Beers?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well, that wasn't so much a heavy duty crawl as just having a few in the phoenix, wandering somewhere else, then wandering into the Clarion, then struggling along Plunkett St aiming towards that cocktail place that adam likes. But yes, we should try it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Fysh wrote:
    Well, that wasn't so much a heavy duty crawl as just having a few in the phoenix, wandering somewhere else, then wandering into the Clarion, then struggling along Plunkett St aiming towards that cocktail place that adam likes. But yes, we should try it anyway :)
    so what route are we taking this time?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well how about we do that route again ie Phoenix > Plunkett St > Long Island? (Those that last the whole way can have an Old Fashioned with adam to celebrate, and then probably fall over and die afterwards...)

We'll clearly not manage the Plunkett St Challenge if we try to do all the pubs along the way, so we should probably nominate a list of places to try (I veto the Rob Roy for a start).

As for the Clarion...well, it's a nice place. Probably easiest if we just decide on the night whether to go there or not as we leave the Phoenix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Sounds like a good plan but I'm going to skip the Old Fashioned this time. I did not have a good experience with it that night :( *shudder*

any newbies planning on coming??
    we're not all that bad!! just raving alcoholics really, and we do not talk about computers all night long... (do we?? I can rarely remember the night anyway!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

we're not all that bad!! just raving alcoholics really, and we do not talk about computers all night long... (do we?? I can rarely remember the night anyway!)

Not sure if I still qualify as a newbie, but I'll be along anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 legalimmigrant

I'm game, but the whole crawl thing just sounds like a pain in the arse. Tell me what the end point is and I'll go there.

I'm game, but the whole crawl thing just sounds like a pain in the arse. Tell me what the end point is and I'll go there.
    ahh, don't be a dry balls, the crawl is half the fun!!
    I think the end point will be the Long Island though...

Hahahahaha, "end point"...I don't think I've been on a proper planned crawl with adam that got to the intended destination yet, or at least if I have I dont remember getting there. Besides which, assuming we do get there it certainly won't be before midnight so you'd miss out on all the fun along the way....

Anyway. Nominations for the Plunkett St pubs, anyone? (I'll put up a few more when I wander down after work and take a look; at the moment I can only remember the Brog and Aoife Landers....)

Aoife landers?? that's been closed like a million years!!
    so we have... *ahem* /clears throat....
    from the top of the street...
    the ovens, scotts, the oak, counihans, the hi-b, the qube, the brog....
    only 7? I'm sure there are more?? anyone else able to help us out! (although, I think we could omit one or two of those??!)

• Advertisement

Isn't An Bohrahn an that street too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

the ovens
    Neah, ok.
    scotts
    Poseur's Paradise.
    the oak
    Wacker's Weighbridge.
    counihans
    Rugby Roulette. Or is that Canty's? Neither are on Oliver Plunkett Street.
    the hi-b
    Too small if there's more'n 3 or 4 of us.
    the qube
    This is a pub?
    the brog
    Neah, ok.
    An Bodhrán
    Yip.

Plus there's the three on Parnell Place... :)

Scotts isn't getting touched, we'll be well enough along the way that going to the Brog would be a bad idea (some/all will want to stay there), and those bastards in the qube keep spamming me with text messages about Sangre bloody Latino playing "live!" or something.

And yes, I know Aoife's has been shut for years, but it's still one of the only places I can remember on Plunkett st. How about the various side streets - are we willing to make deviations? (Not to the Rob Roy or the Catwalk tho).

(Random recollection - I used to work with the Aoife Landers the pub was named after...)

Fysh wrote:
    and those bastards in the qube keep spamming me with text messages about Sangre bloody Latino playing "live!" or something.
    I think the text goes something like this:
    "The Qube Bar presents Sangre Latino live on stage @ LatinoSoul @ 11pm nxt Tues 10th Jan followed by DJ Bepe with a hot selection of latino classics. Free Adm"

I'm soo disappointed I'm working that night... oh no, wait... I'm not disappointed at all!

so we're starting in the Clarion...
    then onto O Flaherty's
    JD Styles (there is another on parnell place, I can't remember the name)
    The Ovens
    The Bodhran
    The Brog
    The Slate
    The Quad
    The Oval (I never realised how many of our pubs started with 'The')
    then to errmm... ya, the Long Island, that's if they let us in!!!

I don't think there should be any trouble getting into the Long Island. The last time the bouncer held the door open for us as myself and Adam fell in, clearly hammered.

I resemble that remark!

horray! I have an even better reason for going out on Friday night now, I'm off on holls to Morocco on Saturday! Just booked it, only 328yoyo's if anyone else wants to go!!

is it the Clarion or the Phoenix we're starting in? I can't believe I skipped the Phoenix in my list of pubs... even worse, noone noticed!!

The Phoenix.

Is it going to be the usual 5.30 start?

5:30 is only the usual start for chancers.

• Advertisement

So what time should I aim for then :confused:

I'll be along 6-6:30 as I have work and will be wanting to line the stomach with something before starting out...I reckon adam'll be there about 5 so aim for that, John....

well, I finish work at 7am... so I will have to get up, have brekkie (a big brekkie at that, for soakage!!) and make myself beautiful, so 5.30 will do me, where are we starting, the Clarion or the Phoenix?

Fysh wrote:
    I'll be along 6-6:30 as I have work and will be wanting to line the stomach with something before starting out...I reckon adam'll be there about 5 so aim for that, John....
    Well, if Adams going to be there for 5 then I'd hate for him to be drinking all alone. Guess I'll just have to be there for 5 too :D

well, I finish work at 7am... so I will have to get up, have brekkie (a big brekkie at that, for soakage!!) and make myself beautiful, so 5.30 will do me, where are we starting, the Clarion or the Phoenix?
    I think the Phoenix seems to be the usual start spot so may aswell stick to that :)

JohnK wrote:
    Well, if Adams going to be there for 5 then I'd hate for him to be drinking all alone. Guess I'll just have to be there for 5 too :D
    well then I'll have to be there for 5 too I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Not sure if I still qualify as a newbie, but I'll be along anyway.

Me 2. I was bright enough to schedule the car for some work that morning though.......in Wexford.

Nice one, looks to be a good crowd of us turning up so beerchug.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm definitely attending at some stage. I just don't want to have to go all the way to the other end of town to the Phoenix (poor me!!)

By the way, I was in the Slate a few nights ago and it's nice.

And I don't want to go to the new Oval. It's the rape of the last great pub. (I'm crotchety today :D)

Strictly mineral water and rice cakes for me. Alternate jogging and jumping jacks between pubs. Feel The Burn!

adam

• Advertisement

ok, so the Phoenix, (can we totally skip the Clarion? that's soo far away??)
    then to the Ovens, the Bodhran, the Brog, the slate and then to the Long Island?

the list is getting smaller, we're far too picky!

although I like the slate too, if we get there early enough, we might get seats!! with candles n' everything!

Advertisement