Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 13th Beers?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

can we totally skip the Clarion?
    No. De Reglars took quite a shine to it de last night, and need to be rewarded for their Reglarity. Bran rocks.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

with candles n' everything!

I'd be the one who ends up sitting accross from Adam so it looks like we're on a date :(

Who says we won't Blitz? ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Goddammit adam, stop flirting with the Beers newbies - is it any wonder it's so hard to get people to turn up? (That said, Blitz - I'm not sure if you've heard of adam's Magical Ten Minute Window? It may yet save you :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Save him? If he gets caught with the candles and the 10 minutes he's screwed. Literally :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Fysh wrote:
    Goddammit adam, stop flirting with the Beers newbies - is it any wonder it's so hard to get people to turn up? (That said, Blitz - I'm not sure if you've heard of adam's Magical Ten Minute Window? It may yet save you :D)
    10 Minute Window?? tell me, I want to know, why don't I know about this window??

5 o' clock in the Phoenix then??
    hope there's noone opting out, the weather is supposed to improve too I think!!

I couldn't. You'd have to twist me arm like...

/twists Adam's arm....

did it work??

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I couldn't. You'd have to twist me arm like...
    Ah go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

How many of yous will be going...
    I'd kinda like to go out for one and meet yous........but I'd be slightly out of place as I know nobody!

Looks like there could be about 8 of us but could be more, could be less. Dont worry about not knowing anybody, we all had to start sometime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

we'll see- thanks though- appreciated!

heh heh... I remember my first time, everyone thought I was a guy before I showed up!!
    come along, it's great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

everyone thought I was a guy before I showed up!!
    really??..strange coz my first thought was that you were a girl..but with other people it so hard to tell..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

heh heh... I remember my first time, everyone thought I was a guy

Oh, so open to misinterpretation...;)

That said, the first time I turned up it was a joint Boards beer/CLUG event and there was about 3 people there... I wandered over and asked if it was the Linux group thing and adam turned round and said "no". Bastard. He then accused me of being a brazen bollix for sitting down anyway. Which pretty much set the standard for how we've interacted ever since :D

said "no".
    nasty..but funny!:D
    accused me of being a brazen bollix for sitting down anyway.
    the cheek of u lik..:rolleyes:

Fast_Mover wrote:
    really??..strange coz my first thought was that you were a girl..but with other people it so hard to tell..

well, you can see my avatar on the left, Adam couldn't, everyone was afraid to disagree, so all agreed that they thought I was a boy too...

I'm bringing my Camera! and the photo's will be up before I go to Morocco on Saturday (to clear up space!)

Fast_Mover wrote:
    the cheek of u lik..:rolleyes:

And your point is? Damnit, I'd turned up in drinking mode and frankly even if it wasn't the right group of people there was no way in hell I was going to drink on my own (or worse, not at all!)...

Fysh wrote:
    there was no way in hell I was going to drink on my own
    You say that like its a bad thing :v:

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote:
    You say that like its a bad thing :v:

Well, not exactly, but if we were going down that route I could just stay at home kicking round the gaff in my underpants drinking. Once I'm in the pub, I want someone to either talk to or be obnoxious at :D.

(Slight change tonight - probably won't be there 'til 7ish as I have to stay on until 6 at work and I refuse, from past experience, to go drinking with adam without first having *something* to eat...)

serabi wrote:
    How many of yous will be going...
    I'd kinda like to go out for one and meet yous........but I'd be slightly out of place as I know nobody!
    Newbies are always welcome... as long as they don't use the word "yous".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sorry to do this, but I'm pulling out. I'm heading out to my parents tonight for a celebratory dinner. I'm now Dr. dudara.

Congrats dudara, well done.

I've decided not to go either. I've heard reports that there's terrible debauchery at these events, with lot of dirty jokes and suchlike, many of them regarding sexual and other bodily functions. I've also heard mention of loud slagging and suchlike, and as you know, I'm not into that sort of thing at all. However my twin brother, who also happens to be called Adam, has decided to take the risk will be in attendence. He's even more quiet and retiring than me, and in particular definitely isn't prone to shouting out slang words for part of the female anatomy at the top of his voice for no reason. Please go easy on him.

adam

dudara wrote:
    Sorry to do this, but I'm pulling out. I'm heading out to my parents tonight for a celebratory dinner. I'm now Dr. dudara.
    Congrats :D:D:D Another reason for drinks! Even though you wont be there we'll have some in your honour!
    Ken Shabby wrote:
    Congrats dudara, well done.

I've decided not to go either. I've heard reports that there's terrible debauchery at these events, with lot of dirty jokes and suchlike, many of them regarding sexual and other bodily functions. I've also heard mention of loud slagging and suchlike, and as you know, I'm not into that sort of thing at all. However my twin brother, who also happens to be called Adam, has decided to take the risk will be in attendence. He's even more quiet and retiring than me, and in particular definitely isn't prone to shouting out slang words for part of the female anatomy at the top of his voice for no reason. Please go easy on him.

adam
    Well, if he must come...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

JohnK wrote:
    Congrats :D:D:D Another reason for drinks! Even though you wont be there we'll have some in your honour!

that sounds perfectly fine to me. Go easy on Adam. He's a gentle soul who won't like any of your rumbunctious (?) behaviour

Good thinking John.

Usual story btw, if the Phoenix is closed, try next door, or next door to that. One of them is bound to be open. If they're not, head for the Clarion, which will. If you're lost or coming in later, text [EDIT] for a location. Don't call, I don't answer numbers I don't recognise on that mobile.

[Thanks T]

Ta,
    Gentle Adam

dudara wrote:

Shame you won't be there, but congratulations :) Perchance we should have a celebration BBC sometime soon? (In the absence of anything more relevant to celebrate, the rest of us could always celebrate sunrise or something similarly important on the day in question)

hope ye are all enjoying yerselves as i write this...lets hope ye have some stories to tell us all tomor..(if ye can remember them that is..;) )

• Advertisement

So come on then, when/where did the rest of ye feck of to? Adam, the alca-{some-thing-or-other} tastes like ****. If it doesn't work, i'll blame you!!!
    Fysh, you and me must finish the convo we were having...

Advertisement