Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Playoffs

• 02-01-2006 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

this is it...

panather @ giants
    redskins @ bucs

Jags @ pats
    Steelers @ benegals

Predictions:
    Giants
    Bucs
    Pats
    Steelers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

sorry bud, have to disagree with you on 2 of them

The Skins are gonna beat the Bucs, and The Bengals are gonna murder the Steelers!

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I too agree about the Skins beating the Bucs.
    After a shaky start last night they rocketed back to an impressive victory. Great match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mcmahon gave them the victory more then anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

panather @ giants
    redskins @ bucs

Jags @ pats
    Steelers @ benegals

Panthers
    Bucs

Pats
    Steelers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

bah
    bengals murder steelers
    , not while there's life in the bus they won't ;)
    i'll say
    Giants: (i turned off the panthers when they fired those two cheerleaders, instead of giving them their own half time show). heart over head decision
    Bucs: redskins would have it hard even without the injuries sustained. and if brunnell is missing this is over already.
    Pats:They're like the bloody terminator, just when you think they're finished...........
    Steelers: should be a close game, how many of the cinicinatti starters were on the team that got bashed last week, i doubt very many, so a well rested team will be hard but big ben will guide us through the valley of the shadow of doubt and i'd say steelers will be looking to avenge the defeat earlier this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

how many of the cinicinatti starters were on the team that got bashed last week, i doubt very many, so a well rested team will be hard

Well, most of the defense played against the chiefs. Look what happened. LJ ran over, around and through them. I agree that the steelers will win because they have parker, the bus, and staley.

Bucs will win because of they're defense.

Giants will win because Jake Delhomme makes too many mistakes

Pats will win because they are the pats.

Wild Card weekend is the best part of the play-offs, second only to the SuperBowl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Giants
    Skins

Pats
    Steelers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Giants
    Redskins

Pats
    Bengals - Just to be different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Panthers - Offensively they're too strong, and they have a teriffic D too.

Buccs - Only if their D can really step up, it's been come and go for a few weeks.

Pats - Patriots have really stepped up their game lately, they're hot at the moment, plus they're my team.

Bengals - The Steelers are good, but I dont think they have what it takes in the playoffs. Palmer will open their defence up.

well we were pretty much mostly wrong about carolinas, just the few got tha tright, shock of the day is skins for me, didn't see that coming,
    tut tut, how could some of the people here have doubted the steelers. (though i wonder what the game would have been like with carson palmer, jesus were you watching the game, he had an mri in the stadium, half the hospitals in this country don't even have MRI machines , crazy) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

That was the worst display of football by the Giants I have ever seen and I've been following them for as long as I can remember. The Redskins were most lucky to escape with a win but if they play like that in Seattle, they'll get crushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

Did anybody see the Steelers play against the Bengals? Pure quality, 43 yard TD pass from Ben Roethlisberger. But it started as a run fake and was passed back to big ben. Nice play. Antwaan Randle El passed it to him played QB for Indiana at college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Didn't Randle El take a few snaps at QB this year when the Steelers were down to bare bones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

The first half was brilliant in the bengals game, even with all the injuries and flags. Some great agro too. The way it's meant to be played....
    Would have liked to see the Bangals move on but that playoff curse is just hangin over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

great game between Bengals and Steelers last night. would have been an interesting game if Palmer didn't get inujured. Great move by Steelers for that 43 yard touchdown pass.

Come on Patriots!

Did anybody see the Steelers play against the Bengals? Pure quality, 43 yard TD pass from Ben Roethlisberger. But it started as a run fake and was passed back to big ben. Nice play. Antwaan Randle El passed it to him played QB for Indiana at college.
    it was a class move, except when they tried another trick play on 3 & goal with the randle el reverse which didn't really work, it was great to see the bus run over his td too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 psycrow

it was great to see the bus run over his td too.

yeah and he nearly threw a touchdown pass too.. would have been great if that was caught.. great game

steelers for the superbowl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Benegals steelers was the best game by far. WOuld of been very interesting to see how it would of finished if palmer wasnt injuried.

The other game were very poor. THe giants were a disgrace. Shocking performance. REdskins had a good defence, but brutally going forward. Those turnovers won the game. Very suprised if seahawks dont win.

Pats was alright for the first half, close enough. Ran away with it in the second.

Really looking forward to next weeks AFC matches, very hard to call. THe bear panthers one will be a tight one aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Have watched a bit of the football since coming over to the states. The Steelers match was the first game that I actually enjoyed! That switch pass was excellent! They seemed the only team willing to be creative.

which is funny enough cause nearly the only thing about the steelers every can agree on is that you an rely on them to be predictable, they will run the ball, they will pound the ball through, thats their style, it's also why i like them, i really appreciate a good running team.

i think the tickets up though against the colts, not cause of the colts record but rather i feel the players might just go the extra mile for dungey to try and give him something to smile about after the tragic death of his son, ye know the way a death brings a family together, and the colts might feel the only thing they can do for dungey is win the superbowl.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

This weeks predictions im going for:

Steelers @ Colts Steelers win if they can cause more turnovers than the colts and if they can disrupt thier passing offense.Im not going to talk bout this game much as im a steeler fan.

Pats @ Broncos I think it will be thoughest test the patriots will have in the playoffs in the last few years.I feel that the pats might be able to show jake plummer some confusing formations and continue his winless playoff wins.The Pats by field goal.

Panthers @ Bears I think this will be the game of the weekend as carolina have a great offense and chicago have a great defense.I think for the panthers they need to get the running game going as do the steelers in the other match.If the bears defense can stop deshaun foster they will win.But it will be a tight match.

Redskins @ Seahawks Matt hasellbeck has never won a playoff match before but this will change sunday.If alexander can get over 150 yards the game will probally be theirs.If not matt will be forced to throw the ball to recievers who arent all top class including jurivicous,hackett,engram but they can get the job done.The seahawks secondary will have to contain moss or else he going to break some big plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Here's my choices,

Colts, their Offence is too good. The steelers defence will crack under the pressure of James and Manning.

Pats, they're the in-form team. The way they've stepped up their play, I dont see anyone beating them this week. Saying that, the Broncos will be an incredibly difficult matchup. These are the games that the pats thrive in though.

Bears, homefield advantage. Both teams have stong D, bears moreso. I think homefield advantage will be enough to keep them on top.

Seahawks, Alexander. As much as the Redskins have stepped up this year, I cant see them stopping the Seahawk run in Seattle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

skins & hawks
    so defense wins championships? they also need help from the offense then. redskins can't win this with portis not at 100%. seahawks by double digits

pats @ broncos
    can't wait for this game. its almost to tough to call. but to be the champ you have to beat the champ, and i can't see that happening. pats all the way

panthers & bears
    bears are in the same boat as the redskins. panthers have just as good a defense in my opinion and will have too much offense i think. panthers to sneak it by a field goal

steelers @ colts
    colts will be fresh and firing on all cylinders. steelers coach bill cowher can't win playoff games anymore. colts by 2 scores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 munsterskip

My Tuppence:

Steelers @ Colts - Colts. Just don't see the Steelers doing enough on offense. Their D could slow the Colts more that the initial meeting, but Colts 24 - 14

Pats @ Broncos - Almost in the too close to call category. Can't see the Broncos blowing the Pats away like the last time. And if it comes down to a tied or one score game with 2 mins left on the clock, its gotta be the Pats regardless of whether they have the ball or the Broncos. one thing about these Pats, they find a way, they always find a way....
    Pats 28-27

Panthers @ Bears - Depends on which Panthers show, but I am going with the Panthers, strongly
    Panthers 24 - 9

Redskins @ Seahawks - Portis banged up, Skins no chance. Could be one sided.
    28 - 14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Seahawks win without Alexander. Seattle is the new SB favourite. (Note the post time before you disagree)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

very very cautious tonight!

HT now denver might just pull it off ... fair play if the y do ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

BS call against Sameuls to set up the denver TD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

dodgy indeed ... latest flag i seen all season :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

actually i'd quite forgotten how late it was thrown.

Thought sameuls was goin to deck him:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What an unbelivable end to the Colts - Steelers game

Advertisement