Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 psycrow

amazing stuff! couldn't believe The Bus fumbling that ball :eek: that would have been a horrible way to end such a great career

polamalu was robbed with that interception!

still cant believe Vanderjagt missed that!

come on the Steelers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Great game by Steelers. I was on the edge of my seat watching it. I thought that the Colts pulled it back when they got close enough for the field goal attempt but delighted they pulled it wide. I pitied the bus when he fumbled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

two great games tonight, both teams throughly deserved to win... panthers for the super bowl!!! smith was amazing, mvp in detroit maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

Super weekend of play-offs. That Steelers game was insane. 4th quarter had everything and great to see them make it. Thought Manning was going to ruin their day in the last 2 minutes after Bettis fumbled.
    Fingers crossed on seeing them in Detroit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed all 4 of the games this week, though I only caught the last quarter of the Broncos, Pats.

The Seahawks showed that Alexander is not the be all and end all of their offense, but it is worth noting that the result may not be as favourable if they were up against a more formidable offense. Tatupu was an absolute legend on the D all game, you have to keep reminding yourself that he's a rookie! Took a Bruschi-like leader role in organisation, had ten tackles and did anyone see that play where he got 40 yards downfield to contest a pass?? It's also great to see Strong get a franchise record; thoroughly deserved on what he has produced this year.

As I say, I missed three quarters of the Pats game, but Watson should have the stadium remaned after him following that heroic run to take down Bailey. I think Brady had something like 3 picks in 300+ post season passes going into the game where had 2 intercepted from 36 - crazy!

The Colts just left it far too late I think. Anyone else get the feeling that they were just a bit rusty or something? It was crazy to see Manning go 3 and out so many times in the first half, and the Steelers took full advantage, with Big Ben finding some nice gaps to fire into. Colt's had to step it up to close that lead and though they did, it was just too late. That last quarter was one of the most exciting I can remember and though I feel bad for Vanderjagt, I think justice was done after that absurd interception over-ruling which should have ended the game.

Bears showed that defense doesn't always win the day as long as your offense simply cannot find scores when they count. And why in the name of god did they call so many passing plays?? As a Seahawks fan I probably would have preferred for them to have won but I am confident we can keep a handle on Carolina. Steve Smith was outstanding last night though. He's certainly going to cause some headaches.

I predict a Bronco's - Seahawks final, Seahawks taking it..... of course :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Fantastic game between Steelers & Colts....Colts should have won, and as Neil said ,left it far too late.... Don't know what Pete Morelli was looking at when he negated the Steelers interception...so in effect justice probably done....Broncs will dump the Steelers I'm fairly sure..and I expect 'Hawks to oust the Panthers.... that one could be close though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I've lost intrest in the playoffs now.

All my predictions failed, except the Seahawks. Even so, I thought Alexander would be the reason they would win....

From here, I think the Seahawks will face the Steelers in the SB.

God I hope the Steelers dont win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

panthers looked good alright. steelers/colts was one of the best games i'd ever seen, who'd hgave thought Vanderjagt would have missed that field goal? i know it was a high pressure situation but he's the most accurate kicker in the NFL's history for christs sake..

Roethlisberger's tackle after the Bus's fumble was top class too, if he didnt make that it was good night irene.

BTW who was that new presenter guy last night? Bring back Kevin Cade!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

Roar wrote:
    he's the most accurate kicker in the NFL's history

The commentator said this just before the FG attempt. Talk about tempting fate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Broncs will dump the Steelers I'm fairly sure.
    careful now, thats becoming a quickly regretted phrase in the playoffs, everyone keeps ruling out pittsburgh, but they keep getting through, i didn't even think we'd do it myself and was like a kid on christmas morning when we got the ball back wit only 1 minute to go.

Big Bens tackle was class, especially when you consider it was his right hand, the one he had trouble feeling any sensation in.
    man that ref was a jerk, the pass interference on randle el, that noone saw, the flinch by pittsburgh and the reaction from the colts that never happened and the interception of the season for Polamalu that he over turned. all in all i hope this guy never calls a playoff or any important game again. total tosser

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

evil_seed wrote:
    pats @ broncos
    to be the champ you have to beat the champ, and i can't see that happening. pats all the way

Does anyone else appreciate the irony of this statement? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

Lothaar wrote:
    The commentator said this just before the FG attempt. Talk about tempting fate.

the stats also showed that he never missed a field goal at home all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

That was definitely the craziest 4th quarter I've ever seen...the Steelers/Colts game of course. It looked like all Pittsburgh had to do was punch the ball into the end zone and the game win was sealed. Then it looked like the Colts were going to take it all the way to the other end of the field. The Colts kicker had never missed all season and he had no wind to deal with but still missed. Even though it didn't mean anything I thought it was bad form to get an unsportsmanlike conduct after missing the field goal.

Anyhoo, looking forward I'd actually fancy the Panthers and Steelers chances of making it to the Super Bowl. They're both the underdogs who refuse to die. Both teams seem to have no problem playing away from home.

i now what you mean JJ most refs would be tempted to let it slide given that his miss meant they were going out.
    but then with the way the game was reffed are you really surprised?
    anyway the twat that laughed at me in spetember for backin the steelers is probably kicking himself now.
    2 more games to glory, come on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

what a match! Reallly got into the Steelers match. When Bettis dropped the ball, that was unbelievable. Man that quarter just kept swinging from one side to the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Missed the colts match, only got the highlights of the 4th quarter. Great finish. Got feel for vanderjagt though. Wasnt even close to the posts, shocking miss.

One of top sports that use technology the best, its amazing the way they still **** it up. Interception call was an embarrisment. As was the pass interference in the broncos game that cost the pats the match.

If the broncos play that badly against steelers, they will be destroyed. Plays of the season in that match. Waston running down champ bailey was unreal, would of been even betteri f he did get the touchback.

Panther @ bears was a very enjoable game aswell. Panthers look like a very strong playoff team, gave the bears defense a terrible time. Steve smith on fire. Foster gonna miss the seahawks match? Great call by the ref for turning over the fumble return aswell.

Didnt see the seahawks match, great win for them, mainly for the way they did it. A massive confidence boast for them to win wihtout alexander.

Both conference finals should be good, very very tough to call.

GO for a seahakws vs steelers final though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

Any you guys advise on the best place to watch the Seahawks championship game on Sunday night? Been told Outback on Parnell Street will be showing it, will they be open late enough to see the end of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Sorry Chucky, don't know how you can feel for Vanderjagt, some of the stuff the "liquored up idiot kicker" has come out with in the past is unbelievable. He won't be so quick to mouth off in future.

Agree on the seahawks - steelers though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Appears the NFL have apologised (or should I say, acknowledged an incorrect judgement) for the interception over-rulling http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9168866 Something they don't do that often.

Edit: correction in link

i made a bet on paddypower.com at the start of the season, put money on steelers and pats, except when i checked my bet the other day i'd ran through the process so quickly i'd selected panthers form the list instead of pats. man am i a happy bugger. i could win entirely by mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Cmon the seahawks, will win €150 if they can do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

3/1 for the steelers. might stick a 50 on them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

I got the steelers at 33/1 to win the superbowl back in week 14 when there chances where slim.As a steeler fan i think that they will find it hard to beat denver but you never know as eveyrbody thought the colts would beat them.I stand to collect around 650 euro's if steelers win.And even if they get to the superbowl i will be winning already as i backed them e.w.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

nice fist of monet The jock. I reckon from my limited knowledge of the game that they should beat Denver. The Patriots in fairness blew that game as Denver's attack was non existent. If the Steelers play without too much errors, I reckon that Denver will struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Steelers @ Broncos
    This is going to be some game. Loads of running and a big defensive struggle. I think that the Broncos have the edge in this one. The Mile high advantage will helpl them through. Elam to kick them into Superbowl XL

Panthers @ Seahawks
    This is going to be another great game. The Panthers defense is going to shut down Shaun Alexander MVP, and will force Matt Hassleback to throw. I think that the Pathers defense is going to be too much for the Seahawks to handle. Watch out for Nick Goings. Panthers by a touchdown

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

evil_seed wrote:
    Steelers @ Broncos
    This is going to be some game. Loads of running and a big defensive struggle. I think that the Broncos have the edge in this one. The Mile high advantage will helpl them through. Elam to kick them into Superbowl XL

Panthers @ Seahawks
    This is going to be another great game. The Panthers defense is going to shut down Shaun Alexander MVP, and will force Matt Hassleback to throw. I think that the Pathers defense is going to be too much for the Seahawks to handle. Watch out for Nick Goings. Panthers by a touchdown

TBH, i really don't want any of these teams winning!:( :eek: :D

Suppose a steelers panthers superbowl is the best of a bad lot now

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Cant see denver recovering from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Cant see denver recovering from this.

Me neither, sure their quarterback has spent more time on the bench then on the field.

I think the steelers are gonna take the bowl too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Beren

Its going to be a great second half, especially if Jake the snake and the boys get a TD on the board early. Hope Pittsburgh can keep it together though.

• Advertisement

why does everyone keep writing of the steelers, people just couldn't be looking at them, but keep it up seems to be like a good luck charm :D

seahawks will be tough but the AFC champs have what it takes

Advertisement