Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Playoffs

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Go steelers!!! WOOOOOOOOO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

WOW. I was so wrong with my choices. I put the blink on te broncos and panthers big time. Poor Nick Goings, I'm sorry Nick. Can't wait for the Superbowl now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Will all Steelers fans please quit moaning about always being written off, Seattle have been dealing with it all season!!

After a shakey start, they put together a great run of victories - "Who cares they'd a handy schedule"

Top their division - NFC - West - "Who cares it's a weak division"

Alexander breaks rushing TD record, secures league MVP and top rushing yardage - "Who cares they've a great O-line and it just shows how one dimensional their offense is"

Secure first round bye and Home Field advantage - "Who cares they always choke in the playoffs"

Look very convincing against Redskins - "Who cares Steve Smith will destroy them"

Make a holy of show of Smith with some great coverage and perform brilliantly on O and D to secure the NFC title - "Who cares the Steelers will beat them"

Well I'm going to be the first here to say I CARE!!

Steelers are going down in Detroit, then you'll have something to bloody moan about. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

Neil3030 wrote:
    Will all Steelers fans please quit moaning about always being written off, Seattle have been dealing with it all season!!

After a shakey start, they put together a great run of victories - "Who cares they'd a handy schedule"

Alexander breaks rushing TD record, secures league MVP and top rushing yardage - "Who cares they've a great O-line and it just shows how one dimensional their offense is"

Secure first round bye and Home Field advantage - "Who cares they always choke in the playoffs"

Look very convincing against Redskins - "Who cares Steve Smith will destroy them"

Make a holy of show of Smith with some great coverage and perform brilliantly on O and D to secure the NFC title - "Who cares the Steelers will beat them"

Steelers are going down in Detroit, then you'll have something to bloody moan about. :p

Love that post! Followed these boys from the days of Chuck Knox, Steve Largent and Dave Kreig. Thought I'd latched onto one of sports eternal losers, but maybe the tide is turning.....

Anywhere in town that will be showing the Superbowl in its entirity or should I sit in the house and watch Channel 5's efforts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I can't see the Steelers giving the Seahawks such an easy opening to the Super Bowl as the Panthers gave them yesterday. I'm going for the Steelers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Neil3030 wrote:

ok, never mentioned the seahawks, for the record i thought they came through very well and i'm surprised to hear people were writing them off. i wasn't talking about them, just the way everyone kept offering the opinion they'd get murdered, sounds like you should understand if it's been happening toyour team too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Steelers all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seahawks will not be able to run the ball against pittsburgh the way they ran it against carolina.Hasselbeck will be heavily blitzed by blitzburg the number one blitzing team in the nfl!!!!Roethlisberger to be MVP and the bus to have huge game!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

ok, never mentioned the seahawks, for the record i thought they came through very well and i'm surprised to hear people were writing them off. i wasn't talking about them, just the way everyone kept offering the opinion they'd get murdered, sounds like you should understand if it's been happening toyour team too.

ah no, I wasn't having a specific go at you. Just summing up the opinions I've been dealing with all year, from forums to journalists and sportscasters. Apologies if it appeared as though I was having a go at you, or indeed anyone else who thought the same.
    The jock wrote:
    Steelers all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seahawks will not be able to run the ball against pittsburgh the way they ran it against carolina.Hasselbeck will be heavily blitzed by blitzburg the number one blitzing team in the nfl!!!!Roethlisberger to be MVP and the bus to have huge game!

Ah now! I'll admit you guys have one heck of a defense but please don't make the mistake of thinking blitzing is going to win you a superbowl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Apologies to jr hartley.... I misunderestimated(sic) the Steelers....

Big Ben should dole out the gold watches to his O-Line... jaysus... he had all the time he needed to set up and throw.... great performance......

Plummer had helmet in his face or some hassle all night long.....

Will not call the big one until I gather meself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

This is the "Fairytale Bowl". It looks like it's already written. Future Hall of Famer Jerome Bettis to return home to win the big one. His first appearence in the Superbowl in his 13 year career. It is some story in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Apologies to jr hartley.... I misunderestimated(sic) the Steelers....

Big Ben should dole out the gold watches to his O-Line... jaysus... he had all the time he needed to set up and throw.... great performance......

Plummer had helmet in his face or some hassle all night long.....

Will not call the big one until I gather meself
    no no lads i'm not gettin stroppy about it, sorry if it looks that way , if we all thougght the same thing it'd be boring, i was just livin it up for the weeks that the steelers were champs, i'm laughin man i'm gonna make ober 300 bucks off it if the steelers win. :D
    i'd be delighted if the panthers were there too, they were my other pick (by mistake)
    on the subject i got my two other bets WAY wrong, cowboys and eagles. :rolleyes:

Advertisement