Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

czech car hire insurance Question

Options
  • 02-01-2006 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

https://jupiter.budgetinternational.com/budgetonline/terms.nsf/TermsByStationAndLngCategories/PRG-GB-Common?OpenDocument#6
    Theft protection (TP) is included in Collision Damage Waiver (CDW).
    If CDW not taken, customer may be asked to leave damage responsibility as a deposit.
    Damage responsibility for all vehicles = Full value
    Non Waiver Responsibility for all vehicles = EUR 300.00

Personal Accident Insurance:
    For all car groups = EUR 5.00 plus 19% VAT per day.

Super CDW: (no excess) EUR 10.00 plus 19% VAT per day.

I am confused. The rate I was quoted says that CDW and theft protection is included. From the info above is there any excess involved. Seems awfully complicated to me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

nothing complex about it, u need cdw, this reduces ur liability to 300 euros if anything goes wrong, if u pay extra and take out super cdw, then u have no responsibility. personally id take out the super cdw, especially if u are dealing with an unknown rental firm. some of them have a nasty habit of charging ur card after u return it for the excess and claiming u caused a dent that was there before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks for the info Lomb. The firm is Budget. They want 200 for the 5 day rental whereas hertz want 300. Even with the super dooper insurance it will still be 50 cheaper with budget. What are they like as a company.

I thought they inspect the car at start and end of rentals so thatthey can check for damage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

They are supposed to. Make sure they do.

Unless you have the super cdw, where it doesn't matter a damn. I was told before that I could just bring back the steering wheel and it would be OK. They wouldn't rent to me again, but I would have been OK that time ;)

Advertisement