Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the Mods please give us a list of what we can't talk about on Boards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Each board has a charter. Read them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boardy

There are over 100 board charters.

If a poster is being abusive .................... ban them.

If a thread is getting out of control ............. lock it.

But don't censor a topic because it aggravates a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

And there are probably as many threads about travellers, with the subject having been done to a slow, agonising death in each of them with people re-hashing the same old arguments time and time again. Why shouldn't the Humanities mod try and encourage so new debate topics?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The topic is being locked because humanities has a strict policy on backing up what you say with facts where as AH doesn't so when it got moved a lot of people failed to realise this. Locking the thread meant that a lot of posters were just going to start again on a new thread (and I did notice it beginnning starting up again in AH).

Anyway when I went searching to read up on Heapes incident I noticed that Humanities gets a number of "Why I hate travellers" type threads.

As mentioned read the charter. Or ask for your own forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

boardy wrote:

If a poster is being abusive .................... ban them.

If a thread is getting out of control ............. lock it.

But don't censor a topic because it aggravates a mod.
    Are you planning on spamming every board so?

Read the charters of the boards you post, or intend to post on. The thread you link too gives you an oppotunity to discuss the reasons behind the prohibitive action. Did you post there?

I'm sure amp, in his finite wisdom, has his reasons for banning the discussion of this subject. Humanities has become an iniquity of spam and oneupmanship lately, good call imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

RopeDrink wrote:
    orly.jpg
    That stupid owl was never funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boardy

amp wrote:
    I will leave this thread open for a while so that those who are outraged by this can vent all they like. I think it'll be fun

Seriously you cannot believe that a reasonable discussion can follow after that comment.

"Read the charters of the boards you post, or intend to post on. "

In reality, it breaks the flow (train of thought) when you want to spontaneously respond to a post (e.g. New Posts) if you have to divert and read the charter on that particular topic first.

I also understand that these are your rules and have the choice to leave, but carpet censorship of anything that deals with travellers (irrespective of the topic) is a bit draconian.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

From what I have read. The charter only refers to the humanties forum. Where do you see that you are censored to talk about Travellers in other forums?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Can the Mods please give us a list of what we can't talk about on Boards?

the list will be in the charter of each forum.
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The floccinaucinihilipilification of mods' views re: forae is quite disturbing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement