Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave's Jungle?

• 02-01-2006 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to the show in the RDS? Is it any good? My daughter really wants a lizard so I was going to take her. When looking at the booking page it seems that the show is only 30 minutes.

Any opinions appreciated.

MrP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

What's the show about? Or is it a kind of sales boothe thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Never heard of it before. Quick google found this

http://www.7upchristmasonice.ie/content/daves_jungle.php

It is only a half hour show. Part of the 7up on Ice show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I know about the show only being 30 minutes. I was wondering if that was the full extent of the show or if there is a area where you can wonder round and possibly interact with some of the animals.

MrP

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I see you`re saying the reason you want to go to that show is because your daughter wants a lizard.
    Why not ask the questions here??There are plenty of posters into the whole lizard keeping thing here.

Or if that fails go into Reptile Haven and get the advice you`re looking for from Ben--better than forking out for a 30 minute show :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

Dave from Dave's Jungle has his petstore in Tullow Co. Carlow, it's a really cool shop, plenty of lizards and every other creepy thing you can think of over there!! He's a cool guy, my b/f loves the shop, you should check it out!!! :D

• Advertisement

We went to the show anyway. It was really good. Very enjoyable. Loads to see and touch.

I would recommend it to anyone interested. Well anyone interested without much experience that is.

One of the main reasons I wanted to go there was because she seems to be really interested in that kind of thing so I thought it would be a nice treat. As it turns out, it was.

The other reason was I wanted to make sure she would be able to handle a lizard without being too scared. Mission successful. She held several lizards and a couple of small snakes. She also got up close and personal with the 10 stone python and the 15 stone green anaconda.

I think she will be OK to have a bearded dragon. Once we get one I think I will be a regular visitor to this board. I have been lurking for a while and did some searches on this forum for threads on lizards. It seems that bearded dragon is the way to go.

MrP

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Nice one so.Id recommend Beardies anyday.Great friendly easy to keep lizard.

If you`re looking for a cage I have a 5 ft one Im trying to get rid of and if Bond-007 doesnt want it you`re welcome to it for free once you collect it.
    Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Hey, if that cage is goin begging I'd love it!! I'm planning to breed my Xenagama Taylori and could do with a bigger tank, I'm pretty sure the female is gravid already! Send me some pics if you can, I can collect any time!!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/6292/13039.JPG

There you go.
    Ive moved my 2 back into a 3x2 cage as I need to move the cage from this room.
    Free to whoever can collect in Celbridge,but offered to Bond007 first as I owe them a favour.
    Richie

***edit***Background is not in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hunny my stupid hubby did not show me the pm till now!

Thank you so much for the offer, I just do not have any free space at the moment - we are in the process of building my 9foot viv for my bosc & am building a bank of snake vivs so they are all neat & tidy :)

Again THANK YOU for thinking of me :)

Hugs

Faye xx

• Advertisement

No probs Faye--you and your 9 ft Viv---Hmmph Id be killed if I even suggested it :D:D:D

I reckon my wife would make that 9 ft Viv into a purpose built coffin for me.

So whoever wants this cage its available for collection in Celbridge.Probably need a big car or small van to pick it up though.
    Richie

Hellrazer wrote:
    No probs Faye--you and your 9 ft Viv---Hmmph Id be killed if I even suggested it :D:D:D

I reckon my wife would make that 9 ft Viv into a purpose built coffin for me.

So whoever wants this cage its available for collection in Celbridge.Probably need a big car or small van to pick it up though.
    Richie
    It looks huge. How wide is it?

MrP

Its 5 ft wide by 2ft high by 13 inches deep.

Hellrazer wrote:
    Its 5 ft wide by 2ft high by 13 inches deep.
    I will take it if that is OK. So presumably all I will need will be a heat mat or two, UV lamps, heat/basking lamp, surface covering and bit of tree for climbing / posing on?

Oh, and a beardie.

MrP

Looks like Shelli is picking it up the weekend Mr Pudding.You`re about 10 minutes too late.

But I can help you out with the UVB.Ive a spare starter and brand new 3ft bulb here you could have for say €30.00-€40.00

Bulb alone is worth that.
    And a starter unit is roughly €40.00+

You dont need heat mats for Beardies.An ordinary screw in Light bulb fitting and a 40-60 watt bulb is enough heat for a Beardie with the UV near it so that it can bask in the heat and receive UVB while its at it.

Had a house fire here today

RIP Emerald the Water Dragon
    RIP Syd the Royal Python
    RIP Pinky the Corn snake.

Fingers crossed that my iguanas, monitor lizard, beardies & 2 remaining corns are ok in the morning.

Me feels like s*** right now - I promised my brother Shaun before he died that I would look after his cat & Syd the snake - guess I failed!

YAY found Pinky the corn today safe & sound - my iggies & monitor look ok.

My 2 corns were chucked in with my young horsefield tortoise last night & this morning one was missing! found Pinky & put him in then Motely went missing - found them burried at the bottom of a plant that is in the tortoise cage - so I have given them a pot with earth & vermiculite in today they LOVE it :) Feel happier today still MEGA sad over Emerald & especially Syd but I have 3 healthy snakes - not sure how! & my other lizards are ok.

Faye really hated to hear about that.If you need anything Ive a few spare heat mats and small cages you can have till you get yourself sorted out.
    Richie

Thanks Ritchie - think I am ok just need to buy a new uv - my bulbs need changing anyway - going to head up to brittas co dublin 2moro & go to the aquariam & pet store there - tis easier than dublin city on a saturday! Have lots of cleaning of the house to do aswell.

Just so glad all my corns are fine - gonna feed them later :)

This cage is still available if anyone wants it.
    Free once its collected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

ill take it if i can get it collected

K pm me and Ill give you directions.
    Richie

I can colletct it at the weekend, possibly Wednesday.

MrP

Well its all a bit late.A mate of mine took the cage last night.

Advertisement