Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squeaky A String

Options
  • 02-01-2006 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭megameaty

Hey,

I just took up the cello a few weeks ago. Only the other day did i notice that anytime i play on the A string with my bow that it sounds squeaky. Its a new bow so i don't think it has to be rehaired or anything. Could it be that I have too little or too much rosin on my bow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RBX370A

you could try bowing the string closer to the bridge and be sure to keep the bowing movement and pressure as straight and constant as possible

It's probably lack of experience, I'm pretty sure I sounded like a dying cat when I started off

as has been said keep the pressure and movement constant, and keep the pressure light-ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭megameaty

It's okay problem solved. Dunno what happened, maybe I just got better...well I can play London Bridge!!! Thanks for the comments though

Advertisement