Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reg. basketball ring height for women

Options
  • 02-01-2006 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I found a post referring to basketball ring height but it doesnt specify.. is it always the same height for both men and women? or is there a special height for the schools league? a quick answer would really be appreciated, im trying to get "santas" present up and running.. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

all i know is that the reg. height is 10ft, sorry i couldn't give more info

but i don't see why it would be shorter for womans basketball or school league basketball, because there are really short players in the NBA, look at Earl Boykins hes only 5'4''

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Regulation is 10 feet for men and women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

ro2 wrote:
    Regulation is 10 feet for men and women.

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Is it different for underage teams/primary school teams, they play with a slightly smaller ball don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

They play with a slightly smaller ball but on a regulation sized ring which is 10 feet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Women use the Basketball at Size 6, Men use the size 7.

I'm not sure what age but some of the under age kids use the size 5, but I presume that it is the very young teams that do, like under 11/12/13.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Community games under 13s used to use a size 5 ball (I think that was the size anyway, it was smaller than a womens ball). Most annoying thing ever!

Advertisement