Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Goal of the Week/Month

Options
  • 02-01-2006 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

hey just thought of this now that it would be pretty cool to have a boards.ie goal of the month or week or whatever competition. it would be good for those of us without online play to get more involved in the pro evolution soccer forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

But you can't save goals you score online.. or can you? Scored a cracker with Andy Reid yesterday. Now that's a cracker by Irish player standards, at least it went in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Use fraps and just record the replay online or offline convert it to divx and a goal is 500kb in high quality.

Theres a post here with a guide to converting them somewhere.

kdjac

What's fraps and where would I get it? :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=261419&highlight=convert

there was pictures in that thread i seem to have deleted them , taksi doesnt record sound. www.fraps.com for fraps.

kdjac

Ok, got a replay anyway with Fraps:) Is Fraps better than taksi? Does the unreg version expire? The links to virtualdub aren't working anymore either:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

cormie wrote:
    Ok, got a replay anyway with Fraps:) Is Fraps better than taksi? Does the unreg version expire? The links to virtualdub aren't working anymore either:(

I just use Taski to capture and then Virtuadub to compress (capture on Taski can run upto a couple hundred MB for a replay!.... am I doing something wrong??)

I've both zips here Cormie - let me know if you need them emailed / uploaded somewhere

Well after some time, I got around to doing it. (click the picture for the video)

bpi6q78l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

cormie wrote:
    Well after some time, I got around to doing it. (click the picture for the video)

bpi6q78l.jpg

As Andy Gray would say "WHAT A HIT SON!!"

Here's a little colaboration of my best of:p

db679n9q.jpg
    give it a minute, it takes a while to load up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭xbox-man

cormie wrote:

bpi6q78l.jpg

oh wat a finish!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

cormie wrote:
    Here's a little colaboration of my best of:p

For the first couple, were you just playing 2-player against someone really really ****, or do you play on 1 star? :confused:

excuse moi:eek:

I play 6 star when in exhibition and I play whoever I find in the lobbies to play, and they usually pick much better teams than Ireland, and as you can see from the replays, in each one, the R2 button in the bottom left is flashing which means it's on the network play:)

I've never picked anyone else but Ireland on the network play, I have to score sooome goals;)

cormie wrote:
    I've never picked anyone else but Ireland on the network play

true and very weird, i mean why all the time?

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    true and very weird, i mean why all the time?

kdjac

I don't know, I suppose I don't have any reason to pick any other team, I don't follow football at all, so Ireland just makes sense, and since I picked them a bit at the start, I know what foot the players use and I know what they can and can't do, I also like the challenge of having an average team. I've picked better teams playing friends offline with friends who I know are good on the ps2, still haven't picked anyone but Ireland on my pc version though:o

cormie wrote:
    excuse moi:eek:

I play 6 star when in exhibition and I play whoever I find in the lobbies to play, and they usually pick much better teams than Ireland, and as you can see from the replays, in each one, the R2 button in the bottom left is flashing which means it's on the network play:)

I've never picked anyone else but Ireland on the network play, I have to score sooome goals;)

Well for that first goal, the defence didn't even bother to do anything. All you were doing was asking them to take the ball and none of them even closed you down. :confused:

Some of the goals were decent yeah, it was just the first one really stood out as ****, maybe you should open the montage with a better one, it kinda sets the tone. ;)

dar83 wrote:
    Well for that first goal, the defence didn't even bother to do anything. All you were doing was asking them to take the ball and none of them even closed you down. :confused:

Some of the goals were decent yeah, it was just the first one really stood out as ****, maybe you should open the montage with a better one, it kinda sets the tone. ;)

For almost a year now i have wanted to thump you, i bet im not alone in that :)

Get the PC version so we can ;)

kdjac

heh. :D

I might look into it in the summer, have to finish my degree first, dont have time for PES these days. :(

dar83 wrote:

Hehe, it's hard to get goals, let alone fancy ones, with Ireland;)

I had some screamers saved, but deleted them by accident to sort out the clogging of Folder 1 problem :( (game kept crashing).

Anyhoo, here's a collection of some of my favs from the past month or two.... with my best first.... and yes, that's technically an own goal at the end... and a lovely finish too :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy8VGSjZ6-k

nice:) what capture/compression options did you use? That looks a lot better quality than my one? What size is the file on your computer?

• Advertisement

cormie wrote:
    nice:) what capture/compression options did you use? That looks a lot better quality than my one? What size is the file on your computer?

ta :)

Used Taski to capture, then VirtualDub to cut and compress, using DivX codec compression.
    That file is just over 3MB as an avi.

Which DIVX codec option? There's Slow motion, fast motion and 5.2.1 on mine. Or does it make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lovely goals whiskeyman!

I can't see the videos on that other site (missing a plugin), so can't comment

Here's a nice one my friend scored with Keano. We were playing on the same team so I don't mind showing it, it was against the computer and when the ball got to Keano I told him to have a pop so it was a team effort;) And what's morrison doing after he heads the ball?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

not bad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

- the skillfull,
    - the powerful, and
    - the comical

I also like the one-touch volleys and the outside-of-the-foot shots. :D

But for everyone of those, theres a few of these: Goof 1, Goof 2 :rolleyes:

Here's a little barca compilaton. The first 2 were scored online aginst the same guy. I don't remeber the last.

Brilliant stuff cregser!!! :D

goof 1 is excellent:)

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

cormie wrote:
    Brilliant stuff cregser!!! :D

goof 1 is excellent:)
    Sometimes you have to laugh :)

Advertisement