Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

get upgrade and sim pack?

• 02-01-2006 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

with a new o2 phone you get 75 credit, but if you buy an upgrade pack and a sim pack you get 25 on the sim pack and 90 with the phone for a total of 115. is there any reason why this wouldn't work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well, the 115 euro credit would be split across two numbers for a start (the upgrade credit is connected to the original number, not to the handset) while the new sim would have a new number with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

BuffyBot wrote:
    Well, the 115 euro credit would be split across two numbers for a start (the upgrade credit is connected to the original number, not to the handset) while the new sim would have a new number with it.

it wouldn't be across two numbers, an upgrade pack doesn't come with a sim card, the idea is you put your own sim in, which would be the one from the sim pack i just bought

i rang o2 and they said it would be possible but a sim pack only gets 5 free a month for four months, after which i'd start to get the 90 for the upgrade. i thought the sim pack gave ten a month for two months. that would've been grand but i cba waiting four months to get a proper amount of credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

with a new o2 phone you get 75 credit, but if you buy an upgrade pack and a sim pack you get 25 on the sim pack and 90 with the phone for a total of 115. is there any reason why this wouldn't work?
    Yeah, no problems with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

it wouldn't be across two numbers

Fair enough, you're buying the upgrade pack "as new" so to speak, not upgrading an existing phone. Do you have to have an existing O2 number for a certain period of time before they issue the upgrade credit?

Advertisement