Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sub Sub and chill out music

• 02-01-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Hello , I am going through a bit of a chilled out vibe at the moment and like music along the lines of zero7 etc, came across a sub sub tune called past which is really excellent, and following a googling period it seems to be from a cd called coast , although it seems to be deleted according to hard to find music .com and other websites , as I am not into the dance/trance/ electronic scene
    i wouldn't be sure where to look, although I have tried ebay and amazon ,
    would there be any stores in Dublin worth checking out or ringing , and also could anybody recommend , similar type artists to say sub sub, zero 7 , air
    i asked the staff in HMV and they recommended "exposures" by Global Underground, which is good but not quite as chilled as I would like .Any help advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭padraigcarroll

check out william orbits strange cargo album - hinterland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

Simply load up http://www.pandora.com/ and type zero7 into the player. You should find tons of similar artists that you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

great , thanks will give both idea's a go !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Aphex twin - selected ambiant works 1 and two
    Klf - the chillout album
    anything by Pete Namlook
    early Mixmaster Morris stuff is allways good.
    the Gladiator soundtrack is fairly chilled out Lisa Garrard ex Dead Can Dance is the vocalist.
    The first four Cafe Del Mar compilation albums were good in their day.

thanks for the tips I will give them a go,
    the www.pandora's box is pretty cool it also threw up a few idea's
    plus I was able to listen to some of the artists mentioned on it also !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Sub Sub are still making music, as the rock group "Doves".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

The first Euphoria Chilled and the most recent are superb - the middle one is mainly cheesy cack, but I always find myself listening to the other two. They're very well put together. I'd also recommend the two Electric Calm Cd's on the Global Underground label.

ah so Global Undergorund is just a label not a band per say ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Check out the Back To Mine CD series...

There's tons of them now at this stage and alot of them are excellent.

My picks from the ones I own would be the ones by Groove Armada, Faithless and Everything But The Girl.

Advertisement