Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plustron Home Theater problems

• 02-01-2006 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Got the Plustron Home Theater system (from Dunnes) as a present this christmas but an having a few problems with the it.
    1)There is a constant loud hum coming from all the speakers, even when playing a dvd. You have to turn up the volume realy loud to drown it out. On the dvd player the audio connectors were labled and coloured in a different order than appeared on the pathetic manual so i went with what was on the dvd player.

2)The picture isnt right at all. It flickers at times and there is this band that seems to go up and down the screen the whole time. its kind of hard to describe. Some times a bit of the screen can be skewed too. SCART connection.
    I reconnected my xbox and old dvd player to the tv and not problmes with them at all. Also made sure the Plustron dvd was set to PAL.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, although I can't see it, it sounds like it could be a "mains hum" to me. Can be caused by improper shielding either internally or externally. Maybe there is a fault within the PSU of the player.

Perhaps ZENER or someone might be able to help you better, as my knowledge on causes of mains hum (if that's the cause, the bar onscreen indicates it could be) are minimal!

Advertisement