Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom back at work?

• 02-01-2006 2:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭

are eircom back at work yet? so they cant start releasing lines so i can finally get smart broadband :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

not back till tomorrow mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

thats right today is a bank holiday. hopefully i will have it all sorted in the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

irishpal25 wrote:
    are eircom back at work yet? so they cant start releasing lines so i can finally get smart broadband :D

Strange as it sounds, the best way to find out would have been to call them. If they were not there you would know. If they were you would have been helped by now. I know, I know why on earth would you ring the company when you can ask people who may know on a message board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

paulm17781 wrote:
    Strange as it sounds, the best way to find out would have been to call them. If they were not there you would know. If they were you would have been helped by now. I know, I know why on earth would you ring the company when you can ask people who may know on a message board.

additude problem there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Zhane wrote:
    additude problem there?

Not really. I'm just sick of posts of "Does anyone know <info> about <company>?" When I want to know these things I contact <company>. It would save everyone here (including the poster) time and they would find out the definitive answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Zhane wrote:
    additude problem there?
    ..he does have a point though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

Karoma wrote:
    ..he does have a point though..
    Is 'additude' like additional attitude?

Garfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

paulm17781 wrote:
    Cos it takes ****ing ages to get thru the 3 billion and 1 menus when you try to get thru Eircom and lots of people here have experience or some even owrk in Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Anarchist wrote:
    Cos it takes ****ing ages to get thru the 3 billion and 1 menus when you try to get thru Eircom and lots of people here have experience or some even owrk in Eircom.

And one person tells you one thing and the other person tells you the other..... so no definate answer is accomplished.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

paulm17781 wrote:
    Not really. I'm just sick of posts of "Does anyone know <info> about <company>?" When I want to know these things I contact <company>. It would save everyone here (including the poster) time and they would find out the definitive answer.

I agree - I think a lot of people post on here when their question could be answered by simply ringing the Company concerned.

In relation to this particular question it is more than likely that only a select few know the answer and they are the management in Eircom and Smart.

Having said that if I see another thread asking if NTL is available in xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I will do whatever the cyber equivalent of screaming is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

And one person tells you one thing and the other person tells you the other..... so no definate answer is accomplished.

Unlike here, where you'll get a string of crystal clear answers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

dub45 wrote:
    Having said that if I see another thread asking if NTL is available in xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I will do whatever the cyber equivalent of screaming is!

I think I'm more likely to scream if I see another:
    <bitstream reseller>/BT(BT get a special mention because there are just so many many many many many of these threads) Cap & Upgrade (non-questioning -- thankfully a quick hover clears up any semblance of doubt I have).

Advertisement