Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasty Nazi little thread on guns in Ireland

Options
  • 02-01-2006 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

There is a nasty little thread appearing over on Stormfront.org.For those of you not aquainted with this place ,it is where all our homegrown little Nazis hang out and bemoan the ills of the world and especially Irelands multi cultural invasion.Be that as it may,they have copped on to the fact that handguns are now becoming abit more easier to get here than they were before.They are quite puzzled as to why the media hasnt picked up on that point either.Made one revelant point on liscensing though,is that the Gardai are afraid of ending up on the wrong side of stolen weapons
    The thread is somwhat disjointed and inaccurate in law and other details.What spooks me on this is the fact one of the posters mentioned that he had been talking to somone recently who had taken delivery of a 40 cal USP,and had pretty much all the details of how to apply for one.The thought of that lot getting their hands on legal weaponary would make anyone shiver.

Folks,politics are your own busisness and wether you sympathise with the left or right is your affair.I'm apolitical myself.But please,lets be careful as to whom you give out info to on how to legally aquire firearms in this part of the world.We lost them because of 35 years of one extreme wing wanting "irish freedom",and I dont fancy hanging around another 35 years because the other wing wanted a "white Ireland".Thats all we would need now is that ligit firearms ownership is linked to some nutjob bent on recreating the 3rd reich.
    www.stormfront.org go to the Irish part of the website.post titled handguns.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Any chance of posting the 'highlights' here (or somewhere else if it doesn't meet the Boards.ie charter)?
    I'm on satellite broadband which originates with a German service provider, and this sort of thing is automatically blocked by their servers.

Here's what I get when I try accessing that site- http://www.eco.de/servlet/PB/menu/1188401_l1/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Rovi wrote:
    Any chance of posting the 'highlights' here ...
    <snip>
    Disregard that, I found another way in.
    And I'm sorry I did :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Could have warned you on that Rovi. Stormfront is pretty much the dregs. Wouldn't let them dictate what we do, though Clare. We've had too much time spent with the rules for licencing being a grey area of law to turn around now and try to obfuscate them. Besides, if you think that people who want to shoot other people with firearms go out and get licences for legally-bought weapons, well, you ought to be supporting a crackdown on all licencing, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Wouldn't let them dictate what we do, though Clare. We've had too much time spent with the rules for licencing being a grey area of law to turn around now and try to obfuscate them.

EH?????Are you reading a different set of FA and a different CJB to the rest of us?As far as I can see we have the most grey and obfusticated laws,present and pending in the World!And I wasnt suggesting any changes to them although I could definately suggest alot of major changes not that I /we would be listned to anyway.How do you get to that we should be dictated to by an extreme minority bunch of yobs from either side of the left/right political divide????

Besides, if you think that people who want to shoot other people with firearms go out and get licences for legally-bought weapons, well, you ought to be supporting a crackdown on all licencing, no?

OH PLEASE!!!! Sparks !!!You know me better than that!! :mad: Who said anything about a crackdown on all liscensing???All I pointed out is that there are a certain other element that resides here that has copped onto the fact that firearms are becoming abit more easier to obtain legally and it would make exellent "it bleeds" news for our ever hungry sensationalist press."Nazis get legal handguns"or some such trash.Plus the fact that the only way this could be ammended would be that we would be asked our political views on our FA applications.That sounds like a workers or nazi paradise if you ask me.
    So maybe we should prepare ourselves for that slant from the antis[if any here]or the Gardai.
    togged up in military cammo getting the bus to Donegal for manouvers.What ever happened to that lot?It seems to show that they are trying to "tool up"somwhat on the right.All I am saying is lets keep an eye on what might end up in our gun clubs or whom exactly is asking for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭scorphonic

Slightly off the point a bit, I just want to say that after visiting that site I feel sick...my stomach is in knots.
    Anyway, just shocked to find out that someone would post something like this, and many other unrelated topics on that site. God help some people. :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jcatony

Just checked it out. Just a bunch of brain dead red necks. Utterly contemptible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Hi all,

Just some friendly advice re the Stormfront website. Special Branch do monitor these type of websites and all visitors to these sites are logged. I know some of you have visited these sites innocently by your comments above, but bear in mind you could be drawing unwanted attention to yourselves. I have chosen not to look up this website but have no doubt there are some despicable articles within it, judging by some of the above comments. It would only take one ignorant person who may visit this board to suggest all shooters are supporters of such websites.

Cheers

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

I browsed a lot of those 'skinhead' type site before - one thing I copped onto quick was that they all seem to have affiliations with the loyalist gangs up north :rolleyes:

They are as anti Irish Catholic as they are anti black.

Worth a look if only for a laugh.

jcatony wrote:
    Just checked it out. Just a bunch of brain dead red necks. Utterly contemptible.

Dont be insulting rednecks.Not all of them are card carrin KKK members.:D

BTW Trojan
    For somone to monitor those sites ,you have to sign up and log on for your IP no to register.Browsing does not ASFIK but you under surveillance.Nor is it a crime to do so .
    Be more worried if it was the opposite way round.Somone visits stormfront and finds the thread ,then considers that those lot are figuring out away to arm themselves legally.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Dont be insulting rednecks.Not all of them are card carrin KKK members.:D

BTW Trojan
    For somone to monitor those sites ,you have to sign up and log on for your IP no to register.Browsing does not ASFIK but you under surveillance.Nor is it a crime to do so .
    Be more worried if it was the opposite way round.Somone visits stormfront and finds the thread ,then considers that those lot are figuring out away to arm themselves legally.

Everything on the internet uses your IP so looking would be enough to generate logs on thr stormfront servers (and they normally check the logs to see what sites link to them and trace them bac to see what people say about them) and your ISP can track you as well. In fact anyone that owns the networklinks between you and the stormfront server can tract your IP and activity.

• Advertisement

Of course, if you go through somewhere like Eircom to get your internet access, or any other ISP for that matter, their DHCP servers assign you a new IP everytime you log in, so only your ISP can tell what machine went to what website. And even the ISP can't tell who's sitting at what machine. That's why you can't legally prove identity in here, for example - I mean, I might be who my profile says I am, or I might be someone using the same terminal after the real Sparks forgot to log out. There's no way to prove either way.

Rew,
    Not being a computor geek myself,and going abit OT here.If this was the case wouldnt it then be very easy with the CARNIVORE or ECHELON programmes that supposedly exist and all of your described post,for all the Western three letter agencies to home into every Al Queda wanna be and what not, who is downloading their bomb making info and other instructions from their AQ websites???
    Or is it just a case of keep an eye on the right wing sites until they start "preaching sedition"??? Realistically I doubt any group who is planning anything "big" is going to discuss it on a open forum as the web??

As sparks said the IP addresses are randomized to a certain extent and as well as that you might have 10,000 peole behind one IP (in a college for example). Then you have to be able to log the traffic so you have to get on to the lines that the traffic you want to see is on. The yanks did this in the US with ISP's. marched in and pluged in a black box. Over here god knows what they do but I would never assume that your compleatly 100% anonymous.

I hear real names behind boards usernames all the time without having to track the IP's, Ireland is a small place.

Rew wrote:
    Over here god knows what they do but I would never assume that your compleatly 100% anonymous.
    Over here ISPs are legally required to maintain that kind of data for three years. However, that data won't prove who you are.
    I hear real names behind boards usernames all the time without having to track the IP's, Ireland is a small place.
    So do I, but the thing is that you can rarely prove in a court of law what the dogs know on the street...

...and often the dogs don't know what they're barking about in the first place!

Yeah none of it is evidence but they only need hard evidence to convict you of somthing. To start watchin you they just need an idea who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Even people on dialup are traceable, a warrant to the ISP will result in the phone number that was assigned the IP address at the time in question being made known.

This has already happened in Ireland a few years ago with a fella who was done for libelling a business competitor online.

Not to mention the file/music shareing people who have been done recently.

civdef wrote:
    Even people on dialup are traceable, a warrant to the ISP will result in the phone number that was assigned the IP address at the time in question being made known.
    As I said above, however, that phone number is as far as the ISP can trace it, and there is no way to prove who was sitting at the keyboard. Plus, it's more than possible to post anonymously so that even the ISPs can't trace the posting back if you're that worried.

Wouldn't trust those anonymous proxys TBH esp the ones you have to pay for.

Depends on how paranoid you are I guess Rew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gun nut

Guys,the beauty of the internet is unsensored freedom of speech,when that is gone the internet is just more regulated mandatory pc garbage as per RTE etc.Reading your posts here it seems this is what you crave WHY!.I dont know what stormfront is about. But I defend their right to free speech and if you dont like their views dont log on.

Their right to free speech is uncontested GN, it's the notion of them gaining access to firearms that worries us (and no, they have no right to do so).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stormer

You are very misguided I have to say. Perhaps you should all live in the real world:confused:

stormer wrote:
    You are very misguided I have to say. Perhaps you should all live in the real world:confused:
    And perhaps you should read the charter closely. Your second post is deleted, and anything further like it will earn you a ban from this forum.

Advertisement