Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lighting for model display

Options
  • 02-01-2006 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I have a collection of model cars and want to add some lighting to it as the area they are displayed is quite dark. Was wondering does anyone have any suggestions for some cheap lighting or spotlights of some sort preferably run off battery?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

are they stored in a cabnet? if so is it glass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭cayenne

its a wooden cabinet with no glass in it at all

ok well you could but a few battery powered ones in considering you are not gonna have them on all the time:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭cayenne

any suggestion as to where I could get my hands on some?

sure goto maplins or peats in blanchertown hopefully you will get a good member of the staff that can help you out :) i could give you more details but i dont have tiome atm so maybe later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Battery operated lights are a little hard to come by to be honest. I'm working in Air Conditioning at the moment and work with some sparks. They said the best you could do was go to an electrical wholesalers but thats probably a bit much for u. My best idea is to re-suggest Maplins or even a big D.I.Y store (B&Q, Woodies). Maplins have a big catalogue and the staff are great. I'm sure out of all their components they can come up with something
    John

Advertisement