Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Forces weapons of standard bf2 maps?

Options
  • 02-01-2006 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭

Whenever I'm playing on any of the standard bf2 maps I can only use the regular weapons yet I've seen people using special forces weapons on these servers, what am I missing here? I have got bf2:sf btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

If I unlock a weapon I can use it in BF or BF SF.

The main question is have you unlocked any SF weapons ? if not then you cant use them.

If someone else has then they can use them in both BF2 + BF2 SF.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Whenever I'm playing on any of the standard bf2 maps I can only use the regular weapons yet I've seen people using special forces weapons on these servers, what am I missing here? I have got bf2:sf btw.

SF unlocks are called tier 2 unlocks. Before you can unlock them you need to have the tier 1 (original unlocks) unlocked. I.e. to get the FN2000/Flashbangs you need the G3 unlocked. BF2 unlocks can be used in SF, and SF unlock in BF2, but not SF unlocks in SF. If you haven't played a round of SF on a ranked server, do so and you'll get your extra unlocks at the rounds end. SF unlocks kick in at sergeant and each rank thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Spear wrote:
    SF unlocks are called tier 2 unlocks. Before you can unlock them you need to have the tier 1 (original unlocks) unlocked. I.e. to get the FN2000/Flashbangs you need the G3 unlocked. BF2 unlocks can be used in SF, and SF unlock in BF2, but not SF unlocks in SF. If you haven't played a round of SF on a ranked server, do so and you'll get your extra unlocks at the rounds end. SF unlocks kick in at sergeant and each rank thereafter.

Yea I got 3 or so unlocks after playing a sf ranked server for the first time. I've got about 5 of the tier 1 unlocks from original bf2 and also 3 tier 2 unlocks. I've only loaded bf2 once since I got sf so maybe I didnt check properly, I'll try again(All I wanted really was to use flashbangs on the normal maps).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

If you don't own SF and have an unlock available then go to a friends house who has SF, log in with your account, unlock the SF weapon and then you'll have it available in normal BF:2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yea I got 3 or so unlocks after playing a sf ranked server for the first time. I've got about 5 of the tier 1 unlocks from original bf2 and also 3 tier 2 unlocks. I've only loaded bf2 once since I got sf so maybe I didnt check properly, I'll try again(All I wanted really was to use flashbangs on the normal maps).

They should appear fine then, make sure you press the unlock icon twice on the class screen to cycle the weapons fully past the tier 1 unlock and onto the tier 2.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote:
    They should appear fine then, make sure you press the unlock icon twice on the class screen to cycle the weapons fully past the tier 1 unlock and onto the tier 2.

Yep your right I'm an idiot :rolleyes:
    PIC

Thanks ;)

Kind of regret not using my unlocks more wisely now, the engineer tier 2 unlock is pretty nice though :D

Kind of regret not using my unlocks more wisely now, the engineer tier 2 unlock is pretty nice though :D

I haven't tried it much, been very happy with the Jackhammer shotgun. There are two new unlocks coming in patch 1.2, one for the sniper and one for the anti-tank, who were overlooked in SF. My best unlock is the G3 by far, and it's getting upgraded in 1.2 as well.

Advertisement