Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick tax question

Options
  • 02-01-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

just a quick question to run by you guys...

currently working full time and earning around 25.8, but am going to be taking on another job part time...

my question really is, will my tax bracket go up to 42%, and will this affect by full time wage and my part time wage, or just part time ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

you will pay 42% on anything u earn over €29400 combined before 31st Dec assuming your single dunno what 2006 figures are
    you will have to ask the tax office to divide your cut off point between ur jobs and they will advise what is best but trust me go and visit them dont do it over the phone (personal experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

you will pay 42% on anything u earn over €29400 combined before 31st Dec assuming your single dunno what 2006 figures are
    you will have to ask the tax office to divide your cut off point between ur jobs and they will advise what is best but trust me go and visit them dont do it over the phone (personal experience)

Okay will do...by the way, will my current job be able to find out that im working somewhere else ? as id like to keep the two seperate if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Manhog

Heyes, I recommend you head to the askaboutmoney.com forums.

Advertisement