Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pathway Behind The Huntsman Inn Pub

Options
  • 02-01-2006 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Just a word of advise for all you non-Galway heads, don't walk down this path on your own at nite/ever!!!! I have heard loads of stories about this path, my dad is a taxi driver in town and he has heard lots too!!!

Use the Feckin Road!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

what kind of stories?
    were they GHOST STORIES???!!!!?!?!??!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

cant be any worse than the rape lane of old by nuig to corrib village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

Something along the same lines Doodee, and still people walk down there????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭How U Like That

what are the stories about from Corrib Village to NUIG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Yes, never walk down there on your own after dark, strange people about. I met one guy and he freaked me out big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Do people still walk down the line from Renmore. That is deadly dangerous too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ilovelucy wrote:
    Do people still walk down the line from Renmore. That is deadly dangerous too.
    hehe. i walked to a mate's that way about 7 years ago while hammered drunk.
    i seem to recall climbing over a couple of fences on the way.
    i somehow got these freaky blue stains all over my pants, took about 3 washes to get rid of them.
    i'd love a map of the route i took... think i somehow managed to get most of the way to nuns island offroad:p

lucky i made it back alive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I used to livein Renmore, that path was very dodgy as was the train tracks but they cut the journey in half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

They dont call the NUIG-Corrib route Assrape Avenue for nothing! Ive heard of several young girls on their own being raped behind the Huntsman & still they keep walking it on their own after nights out! Anyone hear if that apparent French rapist that was hanging round Galway has been arrested or questioned or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I live in Renmore, and walk the line regularly at all hours of the morning and night. Never ever had any trouble on it. I might have only passed five people on the last twenty journies. I still wouldn't recommend it to people. I know the risk, and am willing to take the chance, but it's stil a bad idea.

As re: the lane behind the huntsman, that's much more safe...ish. It's all very open, unlike the boxed in line, so there's much more opportunity for escape if you're set upon. Awareness is up now because of the two attacks there on women, but it's still a risk people often take. I walk homne that way from work, and I'd say most people on their way to the Eye take it as well. It's not too bad, but I guess try saying that to the girls who got assaulted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

It was the same on that path when I was in College in Galway and that was 15 years ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

just lately i was told off two guys and a girl walken on the the road by the huntsman when two eastern europeans went up tryen to grap the girl in behind the wall. how nuts is that , they got away un harmed, but even the three off them they still tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cardoor

There have been 2 Sexual Assaults on the pathway behind the Huntsman in the last 18 months. Don't use it in darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

My dear old Mammy always told me to avoid dark lane ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

When I worked nights, I walked behind that lane behind the Huntsman every night around 11 and never had any trouble.

One night in November a girl from GMIT was raped and I missed it by minutes.

Later, I found out about the lane by the railway and started using that instead. Tis a great shortcut from Renmore to town.

Most nights I'd meet noone. On weekend nights when it wasn't raining u'd meet kids knacker drinking on the Radisson helipad. That's beside the train station.

Used to shout at me for cigarettes but I just ignored them

People thought I was crazy for walking by the railway in the pitch-dark but I never got attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I've walked all these places dozens of times looking to be assaulted by Nympho student nurses.

Never Happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

micmclo wrote:
    When I worked nights, I walked behind that lane behind the Huntsman every night around 11 and never had any trouble.

One night in November a girl from GMIT was raped and I missed it by minutes.

Later, I found out about the lane by the railway and started using that instead. Tis a great shortcut from Renmore to town.

Most nights I'd meet noone. On weekend nights when it wasn't raining u'd meet kids knacker drinking on the Radisson helipad. That's beside the train station.

Used to shout at me for cigarettes but I just ignored them

People thought I was crazy for walking by the railway in the pitch-dark but I never got attacked.

It's not that the railway is dangerous, it's just fsckin scary cos it's so fsckin dark up there. And the fact that it's very hard to run away from deh beys cos there's only one direction to go. Unless you know about the super-dee-duper hidden shortcut down into the field.

Advertisement