Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest insurance for 17 yr old girl (First time driver)

Options
  • 02-01-2006 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend a good insurance company for insuring a girl for the the first time? I've tried Quinn Direct and Britton so far. 2K is the best so far in her own name. Do any companies do women only policies for this age?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Jaysus €2K @ 17 years old..believe me thats not bad at all, try calling up and saying you are enquiring on behalf of your 17 year old b/f or brother and see just how good that is!!

Quinn seem to be the cheapest at least of all the companies I called, might be different for girls though as its generally cheaper for them and maybe some discount by sex more than others.

Best advice is just get out the yellow pages and start phoning, definately worth calling around as quotes vary massively from one company to another/per answering the phones mood/time of day/the weather/what they had for breakfast!! (at least thats how it seemed to me!!).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

2k is pretty good in fairness. Makes me sick reading this...

I will pay nearly that in Feb and I'm driving 5 years with a 5 year NCB. But I'm sure the 17 year old is a more competent driver than I am Mr Hibernian. :rolleyes:

Check out Eagle Star - they do a lot of lady driver stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

i know this is a little off topic. but where would they stand if you told them you were born a girl but are now a man. surely they would have to quote u the same rate as a woman otherwise its outright discrimination??

Try hibernian. They do knock a bit off if you do the ignition test.
    I was quoted 2k named driver on a 1.4 Polo

Advertisement