Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

meteor incompetence

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Somebody gave him control over a particular number (by issusing a new sim card) without asking for any verification. This alone is enough to warrant a complaint.

Vimes was also allowed to view the account details on the screen of this number, which he had not been checked as the owner of - and following on he was in a position to modify details on the account from here.

Why you feel the need to jump in and attack the fact that it's a pointless thread or that Vimes is just "angry" I don't know. Relax, read what's being said and you'll see that it makes sense.

Whether Vimes did or did not post someones username and password here in public view, that is irrelevent to the error by the Meteor staff member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

meteor incompetence?... ...That goes without saying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Pythia wrote:
    Have you addressed these concerns with your area manager/Meteor rep?
    You've only completed one contract properly?
    *Are you sure it's not just you?*

no, its not just me. 60% was the website crashing half way through. and the system would crash after i'd assigned the imei to the contract so the phone has to be sent off to be reassigned. and in the time it would take to clean up the half submitted contract mess, the person would decide to go for the professionalism of the other networks. i do them all on paper now but something still always goes wrong. also they usually ask for exorbitant pre-payments that make people go for another network
    Pythia wrote:
    BTW Commander, it's grammar!
    my grammar doesn't have to be perfect, i'm not the one insulting other peoples' :cool:

daiixi wrote:
    OP.. if Meteor suck so bad, why do you continue to stay with them??? They are extremely cheap and it sounds like you're getting the service you're paying for.

i stay with them because they're cheap. i suppose i am getting the service i pay for but it doesn't mean i can't complain about it :D

my main phone is actually on the 3 network and i've never come across better customer care. they do whatever they can to help and always know what they're talking about (except once when the silly girl insisted they have 99.5% 3g coverage). i only use my meteor phone for the free texts. i find it very hard to hear people when i call them from the meteor phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

my grammar doesn't have to be perfect, i'm not the one insulting other peoples' :cool:

Ok, but you said:
    when insulting someone's grammer erroneously, you should attempt to have your own grammer correct.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Vimes,

In this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054862320

You said:

"the v3x is in the shops now. its 189, 139 or 49 depending on the tariff. three is fantastic. i drowned one phone in absinth and they sent me out a new one for 50 euro. then two weeks ago i dropped the phone and broke a button. i phoned them up and they took it as a faulty handset and a courier dropped a new one out to me."

Did you lie to three in order to get another phone?

You seem to have an unusual knack of having accidents with phones.

Have you ever wondered if you have bad "phone karma"?

Maybe you have experienced problems with Meteor because you have problems with being honest with telephone companies?

turbot wrote:
    Vimes,

In this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054862320

You said:

"the v3x is in the shops now. its 189, 139 or 49 depending on the tariff. three is fantastic. i drowned one phone in absinth and they sent me out a new one for 50 euro. then two weeks ago i dropped the phone and broke a button. i phoned them up and they took it as a faulty handset and a courier dropped a new one out to me."

Did you lie to three in order to get another phone?

You seem to have an unusual knack of having accidents with phones.

Have you ever wondered if you have bad "phone karma"?

Maybe you have experienced problems with Meteor because you have problems with being honest with telephone companies?

no i didn't, they just took it as that. i told them what happened. they know that every minute that i don't have a phone is another minute i'm not making them money

also, please stop personally attacking me. its against the forum charter and generally unacceptable.

Pythia wrote:
    Ok, but you said:

:confused:

this is true but shhh

Advertisement