Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does your club need supporters!?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

A few Rovers lads a few years back threw all the lowly english teams into a hat and pulled out northampton. They go over once a year for a session more than anything but they dont take it too seriously as they are not from there.

Shame the season ticket holder at norwich wont support his local club eh trotter??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

speriamo wrote:

Shame the season ticket holder at norwich wont support his local club eh trotter??

Shame you have to drag this old BS into an unrelated thread again.

He's a Waterford fan IIRC (stated as such way back)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

speriamo wrote:

Sure how dya know he dosnt support Waterford too?
    I support soccer.. sport .. and my pringles habit. AND Ive still room to support some other english club.

THATS a supporter lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

speriamo wrote:

Well let's blow you out of the water... I've attended Waterford United matches since I was born with my mother and father going to all games and my dad playing for them. So I think you can eat your words and shove it. In FACT I'm a steward there too so thanks for the comment but you're way wrong

kensutz wrote:
    Well let's blow you out of the water... I've attended Waterford United matches since I was born with my mother and father going to all games and my dad playing for them. So I think you can eat your words and shove it. In FACT I'm a steward there too so thanks for the comment but you're way wrong

What a reply!! SEE!! A football fan is a football fan!!
    I'll be sure to say hello in the new season kensutz.. you can convince me of Norwich's greatness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

kensutz wrote:

Knew that would get you going:D See you at the firendly on the 18th of feb in the RSC then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

My second club in England has been Ipswich since I watched them beat Arsenal in the '78 cup final. Even though there were six Irish players and an Irish manager on the Arsenal side that day, I still went with the little team that could (and did!)

However, supporting Ipswich will mean that kensutz will forcibly eject you from the RSC on trumped-up charges every week, so consider Bury. Why? Well, they've got the shortest name in the football league. No argument with that.

Ooooh I hate Ipswich with a vengance. If you ask anyone I know what I think of that lot they will tell you. Trotter if you see my car in the RSC you will know that it's a Norwich supporters car, just by the anti ipswich stickers. Littleman - TOP OF THE LEAGUE at Portaloo Road. You lot will never live that down. Roll on the derby in 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Come support Wednesday. We're a big club!!!

Only joking

Who wants to go to Bloomfield Road and Edgeley park when you can go stand on the Kop(theres more than one you know) and admire the worlds greatest football team in its ascendensy(a very slow one at that).

You want history, Sheffield has the oldest football club in the world (Sheffield FC)....something Chelsea can never buy!!

We have loads of airports within 50 miles leeds/manc/Doncaster.

nothing wrong with edgeley park,great little stadium,and the best pies in the north west:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well if Stockport is too high up the league for you. You could always join FC United in the Moore and Co Construction Solicitors League.
    http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/index.php

Right.. Im gonna narrow this down.

Having had further discussions with my mate, I've decided that the following criteria now applies.

The club which we will call home needs to be:

Less than 1 hr from an airport with a direct flight from Dublin.
    A stadium of less than 15000 (flexible).

I await your continued, and most excellent, advice and suggestions.

Trotter wrote:

Having had further discussions with my mate, I've decided that the following criteria now applies.

Has to be Brentford.

About 8 stops from Heathrow on the tube, 15 minute walk from South Ealing station.

Capacity c.12500.

3rd in League 1.

Has to be Brentford.

About 8 stops from Heathrow on the tube, 15 minute walk from South Ealing station.

Capacity c.12500.

3rd in League 1.

Are you a brentford supporter though? I need to be convinced by someone who wants us at their club. Norwich was good but they're too big.

Trotter wrote:
    Are you a brentford supporter though? I need to be convinced by someone who wants us at their club. Norwich was good but they're too big.

No, I'm Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Go for Stockport County - very close to Manchester Airport and currently managed by a guy I went to school with.

This is the terrible manager Gannon is : From Gerry McDermott's article in this week's Argus.

During Gannon's rein an eagle-eyed Dundalk employee noticed that the first team were losing a lot of footballs at training as the bill for new balls was mounting. Curious, he went along to a training session in Hiney Park and saw several balls kicked into the undergrowth. When asked afterwards why the players responsible weren't sent to search for the balls Gannon replied: "That's not the professional thing to do"

• Advertisement

Colchester or Southend then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

How about Wycombe Wanderers? I was in Wycombe recently for a wedding and it's fairly handy to get to (about 30 minutes from Heathrow, possibly less.) The ground has a capacity of 10,000 and they're currently at the top of League Two. Just the other day they lost 4-5 to Macclesfield, so their matches can be entertaining. I'm not a supporter meself but always keep an eye on them because a friend of mine lives around the corner from the ground.

I'm a Wolves man meself, but they probably don't fit your criteria because their ground holds nearly 30,000. However, they do have Irish connections. Mark Kennedy is the only Irish player there at the moment, but in the past 10 years there have been loads of others, like Dinny Irwin, Robbie Keane, Dominic Foley, Glen Crowe, David Connolly and Paul Butler, and others before that. To get there, you just have to fly into Birmingham and hop on a train to Wolverhampton. And they've got the best club emblem...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Trotter wrote:

has to be stockport county then,the ground holds less than 15000,10 mins from the airport

Advertisement