Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Gordon ... How Ye Boyz

Options
  • 02-01-2006 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anyone remember this guy from around the renmore/GMIT area???

Whats his story?

Does he have a website like Knacker Dwarf too???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 stingy

Flash!!!

Everytime I've seen him, he's walkin past the flats in Mervue. I think he deserves his own website, he's truly a legend of Galway!!!!! :D

My brothers friend has a pic of him. For some reason or other. Entitled "The Legend."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

"going to cp's boyz"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sAid

wtf whos flash gordon does he go around town??

Flash gordon aka Johnny flash is a man that lives in the renmore area who talks with a really high pitched voice. His favorite things to say are "how ye boyz" and "going to cp's boyz". I was told he got his name from flashing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Ah.... now I remember him.

Had no idea who you were talking about but yes indeedy... strange auld fish!

• Advertisement

My friend one told me about how they followed a wimpering noise to some bushes and found him lying in the bushes in a sea of empty cans wimpering quitly to himself:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cardoor

John aka Flash not Flash Gordon
    He lives in the Masinates in Mervue and has done so for many a year. He is not the full shilling. He does have a an unusual tone; and will greet you with the term Howya Man. He has a good memory and if you take the pi55 of him or even acknowledge him he will remember you and some day when you are in a quiet respectful place; e.g. Queue for a Funeral, Church, Flash will come up to you in front of your family/friends and go Howya Man because he thinks he is your buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭sam69

I grew up down the road from him. Nice genuine man but very innocent. Really bothers me when people give him a hard time. The poor man is harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

I am so used to him at this stage he is like any of my lecturers for points sake. I just say hallo as with anyone. When I first encountered him he freaked me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Knacker Dwarf

"Howye Boyz, nice day... nice day"

Dickhead

• Advertisement

"Howye Boyz, nice day... nice day"
    Dickhead

Now now now, just because he is over 2ft tall doesnt mean he is a dickhead:D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

I remember a few years ago during a really hot spell in summer he stripped off on ballybrit racecourse and lay in the scorching sun for hours. Only thing was he never applied his factor 35 and ended up with sun stroke & serious sun burn and a 5 day stint in hospital!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr_G^_^

on a side note and since this thread is about another galway character

Seamus for president!

Queen Slugforabut for Taoiseach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

All Hail EarthWorm Jim

Louis for President.

Louis for President.

You get my vote MR B.

Louis for President.

Wait.....

What's your stand on the global economisation of the Irish power industry with relation to the oil surplus in Shrule

Wait.....

What's your stand on the global economisation of the Irish power industry with relation to the oil surplus in Shrule

Its feckin great.

Shrule

Hmmmmmmm, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wait.....

Or as our good friend always said, "shrooooooooool....."

God bless his soul.

HavoK wrote:

God bless his soul.

Pity it was corrupted with the dark taint of Satan

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Headford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

i remember that guy. i lived in renmore for a few year while in gmit.
    strange guy.

brian_boru wrote:
    Anyone remember this guy from around the renmore/GMIT area???

Whats his story?

Does he have a website like Knacker Dwarf too???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

A guy I know was down at the docks with a girl and he fell asleep and the girl ****ed off. When he woke up Flash giving him a lovely hand job. He promptly got to his feet and ran off! True story!

Advertisement