Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DECT phone that has analogue line and either Wlan or ethernet port

• 02-01-2006 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

What VOIP Equipment.

I would like to Ideally like to have a DECT based Phone which will support both a land line and ethernet connection. I have come across Uniden UIP1869V phone which seems to do what I would like. But is seems to only be available to vonage customers. Is anyone aware of a similar alternative I would rather not get a separate ATA converter for my analogue. I dont want a USB based phone as it requires the PC to be available always.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

The Uniden phone looks intresting, however their web site says it is only avalible with Vonage, as you suspected. I am not aware of any other in one box solutions, the following are multi-box solutions I have installed which do what you want.

A combination of a sipura 3000 ATA with a standard DECT phone. Whould be the most flexible solution. (I use this at home).

For my parents, I used a AVM fritzBox ADSL/Wireless Router/VoIP (all in one box) in connection with a DECT cordless phone in order to reduce the number of boxes needed to the minimum (2 boxes).

Both the above can accept calls from the normal PSTN lines as well as the VoIP ones, however the sipura is more flexible in its configuration options.

Advertisement