Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting MPEG files to DivX

• 02-01-2006 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭

My DVD player will not play MPEG files so I need to convert my mPEG movie files to DivX or AVI. One movie I have is 817MB as an MPEG. I downloaded a program to convert it but the converted file is 15GB which is far too big to fit on a DVD. Anyone any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I hope I can post this link: Its for 3GP Converter (There are many on the net with same name, This one is the Japenese free one) It converts to most formats (You will have a choice during the setup). Only snag I have found for converting for my portable Multimedia player is the sound bitrate for MP4 is at 64 which I feel is to low. Out of any of the free ones I have found this is far the best, Fastest and easiest to use (Just drop and drag files over to screen) I use the QVGA 29FPS Stereo setting for my Archos 560.

http://www.nurs.or.jp/~calcium/3gpp/

Its a Japenese site but you will see where the download is and when you start setup english is an option. Its about 3.5mb

Advertisement